Abu Garcia RVO3 STX-HS Revo STX Generation 3 Baitcasting Reel
The Abu Garcia Revo STX generation 3 reels with a new compact design and combination of advanced materials, is sure to be your number one choice for a baitcasting reel. With a signifigant weight reduction of over 2.5oz since the past Revo STX reels. Reduction in weight and new EVA knobs allow you as an angler to fish longer throughout the day with less fatigue. With an upgraded allow frame that provides for more advanced corrosion protection, and with weight reducing sideplates for a lightweight feel. These Revo STX generation 3 reels also feature magnetic brake and centrifugal brake combination. The centrifugal brake controls first half of the cast when the spool's rotation is at its maximum speed. When the spool slows, the magnetic brake than acts on the spool to keep it under control during the last half of the cast. So these reels are both durable and offer a lightweight alternative to heavier baitcasting reels.
- 10 High Performance Corrosion Resistant bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- X2-Craftic Alloy frame for increased corrosion resistance
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- D2 Gear Design provides a more efficient gear system while improving gear durability
- Infini brake system allows almost limitless adjustability to handle any fishing situation
- Infini II spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- Compact bent handle and star provide a more ergonomic design
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Not to bad
January 10, 2014
For a $200 I'm pretty sure it's worth the price. I only say that because I haven't gotten to battle test it as much as I would have liked to already (problems of a grad student). But for the short time I have spent using the reel I have to say I'm quite impressed. It's very smooth, has great castability, and obviously it looks pretty awesome as well. Like I said I haven't had spent a significant amount of time using the reel but I feel as though the reel is worth the price.
Pros:Design Castability Smoothness Ease of Use
Cons:None so far