Abu Garcia RVO3 STX-SHS Revo STX Generation 3 Baitcasting Reel
by Abu Garcia
|8.0:1||33||Super High||12/145||30/140||6.35||Right||20||$159.95 USD|
The Abu Garcia Revo STX generation 3 reels with a new compact design and combination of advanced materials, is sure to be your number one choice for a baitcasting reel. With a signifigant weight reduction of over 2.5oz since the past Revo STX reels. Reduction in weight and new EVA knobs allow you as an angler to fish longer throughout the day with less fatigue. With an upgraded allow frame that provides for more advanced corrosion protection, and with weight reducing sideplates for a lightweight feel. These Revo STX generation 3 reels also feature magnetic brake and centrifugal brake combination. The centrifugal brake controls first half of the cast when the spool's rotation is at its maximum speed. When the spool slows, the magnetic brake than acts on the spool to keep it under control during the last half of the cast. So these reels are both durable and offer a lightweight alternative to heavier baitcasting reels.
- 10 High Performance Corrosion Resistant bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- X2-Craftic Alloy frame for increased corrosion resistance
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- D2 Gear Design provides a more efficient gear system while improving gear durability
- Infini brake system allows almost limitless adjustability to handle any fishing situation
- Infini II spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- Compact bent handle and star provide a more ergonomic design
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
4.5 Stars based on 4 reviews
January 26, 2015
Great reel. Super smooth and the dual brake system makes casting easy, even in the wind.
November 11, 2014
Abu Garcia RVO3 STX-SHS
The absolute best Froggin' reel I've ever owned. Teamed with a St. Croix TBC74HF Slop-N-Frog/Swim Jig rod and 50# Sufix 832 braid. This reel will throw a hollow body Frog out of site. Unreal power for a ultra-high speed reel. Smoothest reel I own hands down.
Pros8.0:1 gear ratio. Exceptional power for an Ultra-high speed reel. Silky smooth retrieve and casting. Dual ball bearing handle is top notch quality.
By Jason Schexnayder
January 10, 2014
Not to bad
For a $200 I'm pretty sure it's worth the price. I only say that because I haven't gotten to battle test it as much as I would have liked to already (problems of a grad student). But for the short time I have spent using the reel I have to say I'm quite impressed. It's very smooth, has great castability, and obviously it looks pretty awesome as well. Like I said I haven't had spent a significant amount of time using the reel but I feel as though the reel is worth the price.
ProsDesign Castability Smoothness Ease of Use
ConsNone so far
By ADOLFO CAPELLA
December 22, 2012
Abu Garcia RVO3 STX-SHS Revo STX Geração carretel de arremesso 3
WHATS LEFT? 8.01 RATIO THANKS ADOLF
ProsWHATS LEFT? 8.01 RATIO THANKS ADOLF
1 Question & 1 Answer
from Birmingham, AL asked:
January 30, 2014
what is the difference (are the differences) between the STX and the STX_SHS?
The STX has a standard gear ratio of 6.4:1 and the STX-SHS (Super High Speed) has a gear ratio of 8.0:1. So the difference is in the retrieval rate of the lure from the gear ratio.
on February 3, 2014
Starting at $69.00
$59.99 Our Price: $28.95
Starting at $84.99
Starting at $16.99
Our Price: $6.99