- Rigid, one-piece aluminum frame.
- Lightweight, free-floating drilled aluminum spool.
Unlike other reels, where the pinion gear constantly rides the spool shaft, Daiwa’s unique system floats the spool independently on precision, stainless steel ball bearings. Because the pinion rides its own separate shaft, the spool spins freely, unhampered by gear train friction when casting.
- Magforce-Z automatic magnetic anti-backlash control.
Magforce®-Z is the latest generation of Daiwa’s unique magnetic anti-backlash control for the experienced angler. It combines the best attributes of old-fashioned mechanical braking with today’s advanced magnetic braking technology.
- Eight ball bearings, plus roller bearing.
- Swept handle and star drag design.
Moves the paddles closer to the rod’s centerline. The result is less wobble of the rod and reel in your hand as you crank. That means less wasted energy—a more powerful retrieve.
- Rugged six-point drive train.
- Machine cast control cap.
- Infinite Anti-Reverse.
- High-speed 6.3:1 gear ratio.
- Soft Touch grips.