G-Loomis Pro4x Shortstix Fly Rods
by G Loomis
With a noticeable weight-reduction in the upper half of the blank, Pro4x Fly Rods are incredibly light, recover quickly and cast with unbelievable precision.
$400.00 - $425.00
|Length||Handle||Line Weight||Grains||Rod Taper||Power||Price|
G.Loomis Pro4x Fly Rods have expert fly anglers wondering how so much performance gets packed into such an affordable package. A new taper design along with a noticeable weight-reduction in the upper half of the blank allows G.Loomis to make a fly rod that is incredibly light, recovers quickly and casts with unbelievable precision. It's the G.Loomis way... reduce as much weight as possible, take total advantage of the materials and create a taper that is dynamic, efficient and user-friendly. Pro4x Fly Rods are as beautiful to look at as they are to cast. A rod any flyfisher would be proud to own!!
- Short length and fast taper allows anglers to easily load the rods
- Designed to be used with new generation short head fly lines, for making long casts - 80'+ with less effort than traditional 9' rods
- Larger 2 models feature integrated fighting grip for power/fish control
- "Stiff Tip" design helps maintain loop integrity and allows longer casts
- K-frame stripper guides reduce tangles when shooting line
1 Question & 1 Answer
from Coral Springs, Florida asked:
August 23, 2014
I'm looking to purchase a Pro4x Shortstix rod and I wanted to know which one would go best with a 3TAND TF-70? Also which line would be the best and most versatile? I'm mainly going to use this set-up for bonefish, permit, red fish, tarpon on the flats, snook from the beaches and offshore mahi mahi action as well. The reel can be found at the following hyper link: http://3-tand.com/fly_reels.html Thank you!
For the most versatility, we suggest going with the GLO-1121. It will pair with the 3-Tand TF-70 the best. It is the best all around set up. It just might be a bit light for Tarpon.
on August 25, 2014