Okuma MK-10II Makaira 2-Speed Lever Drag Reel
|Line Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Bearings||Max Drag - Full||Max Drag - Strike||Weight||Price|
|High - 33.5''|
Low - 15''
|High - 4.7:1|
Low - 2.1:1
|4BB+1TB||34 lb.||27 lb.||26.1 oz||$459.99 USD|
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame with forged side plates
- Proprietary hybrid corrosion resistant stainless steel gearing
- Helical cut gears for extreme smoothness and gear meshing
- Makaira reels all feature Two-speed gearing systems
- Gold anodized two-speed gear shifter housing
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines
- Carbonite Dual Force drag system featuring Calís universal drag grease
- Custom designed thrust bearing: Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings
- 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel rubber sealed ball bearings
- MA-80WII features 6-pcs of Sapporo ball bearings
- Double dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system
- Ratcheting drag lever and drag cam for precise drag setting
- Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models
- Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system
- Heavy duty, precision stainless steel drive and spool shafts
- Type-II gold anodized frame, side plates, spool, drag lever and handle
- Open top frame design on MK-5II, 10II, 15II, 20II, 50II
- Lug and plug system on all open top reel models
- Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics
- Forged aluminum full hard anodized reel foot and reel clamp
- Machined etched Marlin logo on left side plate
- Precision placement of drain holes maximizes water removal from reel
- Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup
- Makaira lever drag reels are backed by a 5-year warranty
5 Stars based on 10 reviews
November 28, 2016
OKUMA MK-80WII MAKAIRA
I purchased 2 Barrett shark rods . I asked Peter Barrett for his reel recommendation . Peter stated he owned 2 Makaira 80wii on his personal rods so I bought one . This reel is extremely powerful and can land large fish . Very large fish . It gets the sharks in before they are to far gone to recover and released .
ProsWill winch in 10 foot tigers ! It looks amazing
May 15, 2016
fantastic bulletproof reel
this reel only downside is the hefty weight because its been overbuilt
Long Island, NY
February 12, 2016
The Mighty Monster.....
That's what I call this 10II, it is perfect for those tough fighting fish without the size and weight of the larger 30's...
ProsLight Weight Tough Build 2 Speeds Great Handle Ultra Smooth
ConsSeat doesn't fit all rods.
May 12, 2015
In my opinion, the Okuma 30/50 is the best reel in this size class. The drag is ridiculous, and is super smooth. Having fished extensively with Avet, Penn and Tiagras, these reels take the cake. They are worth the few extra dollars.
lake worth , florida
January 27, 2015
this has lasted me a while and it's a great reel !
September 9, 2014
This reel felt like a tank when I picked it up. It is very solid, tough, but it is also very smooth. Great drag system (the new double drag system). Very beautiful design as well. My only complaint is that the Makaira 10 was a little heavy and wide for its class. Other than that is was absolutely perfect.
ProsDependable Doube Drag System Sturdy Nice Cosmetics Very low gear ratio for that extra torque Great 2 Speed system
ConsLow Line Capacity Wide spool Heavy for its class
Bar Harbor, ME
February 6, 2013
Best 80WII on the market
Ive been using these reels the past season bluefin and shark fishing. These reels are the cats pajamas- drags work perfect under stress and heat and don't get hot like my avets. Used to fish some penn 80stw reels and these babies outperform in terms of flawless operation, smooth drags and ergo handle. Thumbs up to Okuma- they spared no expense on the design of this reel. Cals reel grease and carbon washers come standard. Best reel for offshore currently on the market.
ProsBuild quality, two speed button, operation of reel handle and smooth drag
maddington, western australia
October 8, 2012
I have been Marlin fishing with several reel brands at the same time and find these reels to be lighter than most with no substitute for strength, everything feels good under power and all in the right place. They got it all right.
Conscolor and coating finish could be more classy
August 6, 2012
A good reel at a good price
A very good reel, at a reasonable price. Satisfactory capacity (MK-50II), very good handle, can be used with braid or mono lines, I truly recommend it.
ProsPositive feeling during the fight Durable drag system loud clicker Durable metal construction
ConsIt could be a litle bit lighter
By Roland Fein
June 26, 2012
I currently have a Makaira 10,20,and a 30. These reels are absolutely awesom! The drags are so smooth and they just feel solid! Having caught multiple Tuna, Amberjack, and everything else with them I am sold in their reliability. Okuma has set the bar with these reels and yes I also own Tiagraa but I can honestly say these reels surpass Shimanos in quality and performance!
ProsSmooth Operation Great Freespool Heavy but butter smooth drags
ConsOnly thing I dislike is that I don't have more of them!
There are no questions or answers for this item.