|Line Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Bearings||Max Drag - Full||Max Drag - Strike||Weight||Price|
|High - 33.5''|
Low - 15''
|High - 4.7:1|
Low - 2.1:1
|4BB+1TB||34 lb.||27 lb.||26.1 oz||$459.99 USD|
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame with forged side plates
- Proprietary hybrid corrosion resistant stainless steel gearing
- Helical cut gears for extreme smoothness and gear meshing
- Makaira reels all feature Two-speed gearing systems
- Gold anodized two-speed gear shifter housing
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines
- Carbonite Dual Force drag system featuring Calís universal drag grease
- Custom designed thrust bearing: Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings
- 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel rubber sealed ball bearings
- MA-80WII features 6-pcs of Sapporo ball bearings
- Double dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system
- Ratcheting drag lever and drag cam for precise drag setting
- Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models
- Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system
- Heavy duty, precision stainless steel drive and spool shafts
- Type-II gold anodized frame, side plates, spool, drag lever and handle
- Open top frame design on MK-5II, 10II, 15II, 20II, 50II
- Lug and plug system on all open top reel models
- Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics
- Forged aluminum full hard anodized reel foot and reel clamp
- Machined etched Marlin logo on left side plate
- Precision placement of drain holes maximizes water removal from reel
- Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup
- Makaira lever drag reels are backed by a 5-year warranty
Long Island, NY
The Mighty Monster.....
February 12, 2016
That's what I call this 10II, it is perfect for those tough fighting fish without the size and weight of the larger 30's...
ProsLight Weight Tough Build 2 Speeds Great Handle Ultra Smooth
ConsSeat doesn't fit all rods.
September 9, 2014
This reel felt like a tank when I picked it up. It is very solid, tough, but it is also very smooth. Great drag system (the new double drag system). Very beautiful design as well. My only complaint is that the Makaira 10 was a little heavy and wide for its class. Other than that is was absolutely perfect.
ProsDependable Doube Drag System Sturdy Nice Cosmetics Very low gear ratio for that extra torque Great 2 Speed system
ConsLow Line Capacity Wide spool Heavy for its class
By Roland Fein
June 26, 2012
I currently have a Makaira 10,20,and a 30. These reels are absolutely awesom! The drags are so smooth and they just feel solid! Having caught multiple Tuna, Amberjack, and everything else with them I am sold in their reliability. Okuma has set the bar with these reels and yes I also own Tiagraa but I can honestly say these reels surpass Shimanos in quality and performance!
ProsSmooth Operation Great Freespool Heavy but butter smooth drags
ConsOnly thing I dislike is that I don't have more of them!
Our Price: $29.99
Our Price: $299.99
Starting at $5.99
Our Price: $29.49
Our Price: $6.99