Penn FTH40 Fathom Star Drag Reel
|Mono Cap. (yds/lb)||Braid Cap. (yds/lb)||Bearings||Max Drag||Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve||Weight||Price|
|5+1||25 lbs||6.0:1||40 in||18.7 oz||$219.95 USD|
The Penn Fathom Star Drag, with the revolutionary Live Spindle design, is the most castable reel in the market place. The improved configuration allows the spool to spin independently of the spindle and pinion gear, which significantly reduces friction experienced from the extreme acceleration of the spool when casting. Other reels using a ''fixed spindle'' design slow the rotation of the spool and reduce casting distance. Additionally the Live Spindle improves the retrieve of the reel because the spindle and pinion do not need to turn relative to each other during heavy loads, unlike a ''fixed spindle'' reels that result in a difficult retrieve and erratic drag.
Penn Fathom Star Drag features:
- Full metal body and sideplates keep precise gear alignment under heavy loads
- Machine-cut marine grade bronze main gear with hardened stainless steel pinion
- Versa-Drag system with HT-100 washers. By rearranging the sequence of the keyed metal washers and eared HT-100 washers the reel can be set up for fishing a wide range of drag settings without additional parts.
- Live Spindle Design with free floating spool
- Internally adjustable centrifugal braking system
- Line Capacity Rings eliminate the question of how muchline you have left when fighting a fish. The three lines on the spool flange let you know when you have 1/3, 2/3 or a full spool of line. These lines also give you a benchmark for backing your superlines with monofilament.
- 5+1 shielded stainless steel bearing system
- Instant anti-reverse bearing with silent back up ratchet
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Nice Conventional reel
December 1, 2015
Great reel for inshore fishing. Has a stronger drag system then the Squalls for fighting larger fish. Reel is smooth and handle is position nice for cracking down while fighting the fish.