Penn Spinfisher V SSV9500 Spinning Reel
|Mono Capacity (yds/lb)||Braid Capacity (yds/lb)||Bearings||Max Drag|
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve |
A more advanced edition of the Spinfisher series reels. The Spinfisher V Series spinning reels are made with Penn's new Water Tight Design which protects the reel from saltwater making its way into the gearbox or drag system. The Spinfisher V Series reels have many improved features such as the rubber gasket that keeps superline from slipping. Another great feature is the line capacity rings, so you will always know how much line is left during a tough angling fight.
- New thicker heavy duty aluminum bail wire adds strength and durability
- 5 Shielded stainless steel bearing system
- Infinite anti-reverse (back up ratchet on 7500-10500 sizes)
- Friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
- Stainless steel mainshaft and alloy main gear
- Triple-supported and oversized stainless steel mainshaft on 9500 and 10500 models
- Enhanced gear ratios on smaller sizes
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Excellent Reel, Best Money Can Buy!!!
April 6, 2014
I own 15 different spinning reels 13 of which are saltwater reels and I must admit this Penn Spinfisher V 9500 is definitely the smoothest and most rugged reel I own. I don't own cheap reels either it is better than my Quantum Boca 80Pts Baitfeeder reel, Fin Nor Lethal reels, Fin Nor Offshore 9500, and several Penn Fierce, Battle, and Pursuit II reels. I do not own any of the $1000.00 spinning reels made by Daiwa or Shimano but I can not see how they can be much better. In fact I would have to say based on the reels that I have used and the reels I actually own this is probably the best Bang for the Buck reel lineup on the market. I will be buying more Penn Spinfisher V reels in my not to distant future. Best reels on the market in my opinion.
Pros:Built Like a Tank Seals and Gaskets to keep water out (AND THEY WORK) Most Line Capacity of any spinning reel I know of. (10500)