Penn Squall Star Drag Reels
Lightweight graphite frame Machined and anodized aluminum spool Externally adjustable magnetic casting brake High-strength marine grade bronze alloy main gear Quick high-speed gear ratio
|Mono Cap. (yds/lb)||Braid Cap. (yds/lb)||Bearings||Max Drag||Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve||Weight||Price|
|6+1||15 lbs.||6.0:1||28 in||14.4 oz||$149.95 USD|
|6+1||15 lbs.||6.0:1||28 in||14.6 oz||$149.95 USD|
|6+1||20 lbs||6.0:1||40 in||18 oz||$149.95 USD|
|6+1||20 lbs||6.0:1||40 in||18.5 oz||$149.95 USD|
|6+1||20 lbs||6.0:1||40 in||19 oz||$149.95 USD|
- Lightweight graphite frame
- Machined and anodized aluminum spool
- Externally adjustable magnetic casting brake on models SQL12 and SQL15 only
- High-strength marine grade bronze alloy main gear
- Quick high-speed gear ratio
- Precision-machined stainless steel pinion gear
- Live spindle with free floating spool
- Patened Versa-Drag system allows for multiple drag settings for various fishing conditions
- Shielded stainless steel ball bearings
- HT-100 drag washers provide smooth drag under heavy loads
- Stainless steel reel stand
- Counter-balanced handle with oversized paddle knob
The Penn Squall 15
March 28, 2015
I bought this reel from Tackle Direct who's service has always been great..Will it cast far? Yes it will..bottom line..The Handle sits too far to the right of the reel creating an uncomfortable imbalance when reeling in a fish..the rod wants to rock back and forth with every turn of the handle..this is a pain because not having a level wind, you are busy already guiding the line back on the reel with your thumb..second problem...the clicker after 1 year is already shot..it wants to stay engaged all the time..when I took it apart to inspect the problem I witnessed the worst clicker design I have ever seen on a bait casting reel..I'm not even going to bother to replace it because it is simply junk..I'm going to take the clicker which I depend on out of the reel and just keep the rod locked down..I also got a Spinfisher V about the same age that's giving me problems..after 1 year of use and $300 spent between the 2 reels, I shouldn't be having any problems..thats why I spend money and refuse to buy cheap junk is because I don't want these problems..all I can say is I'm done with Penn and my trusty Abus are still going strong after years of service
I would recommend this item to a friend.
let the battle begin
March 30, 2014
I have two 15 squall star drag they are best casting reel that you need
Shipments within the contiguous 48 states in the USA:
TackleDirect is currently offering FREE Shipping and Handling on all orders over $200.00 with a valid coupon code via Economy within the contiguous 48 states in the USA. If you prefer faster shipping, please select any of the service levels listed below. Shipping costs are calculated in both the shopping cart and during the checkout process. Fishing rods, gaffs, antennas, coolers and any other oversize, bulky, and multiple package shipments may require additional charges. Most in-stock items are shipped the same day, if ordered by 2:00 PM ET on a business day. Tracking numbers and status are available through the TackleDirect Order Status Page.
Shipping Rates for Orders within the Contiguous 48 states in the USA:
|In-Transit Days*||1 to 4||2 to 7||1 to 5||3||2||1|
|$0.01 - 25.00||$3.99 & Up
Only available on select small and light weight items and orders.
$19.49 & Up
$20.49 & Up
Shipping cost for 2 Day Service is calculated in your shopping cart based on the weight, dimensions and destination of your order.
$21.49 & Up
|$25.01 - 50.00||$4.99||$8.49|
|$50.01 - 75.00||$7.99||$10.49|
|$75.01 - 100.00||$9.99||$12.49|
|$100.01 - 150.00||$10.99||$14.49|
|$150.01 - 200.00||$11.99||$16.49|
|$200.01 - 300.00||
|* In-Transit Days are business days from ship date. Additional charges may apply for fishing rods, oversized, and/or multiple package express shipments.|
Shipments outside the contiguous 48 states in the USA:
Shipping costs will be calculated in your shopping cart in real-time based on the country, location, billable weight, and package dimensions of your total order.
- 1 Day Service and 2 Day Service shipments must provide a valid street address as some carriers cannot deliver to a P.O. Box. Your order may ship either USPS, UPS or FedEx for these service levels.
- Hazardous merchandise cannot be expedited or shipped internationally. A hazardous charge may be applied for ground shipping.
- Orders containing hazardous items and orders over $1000 will require a signature upon delivery.
- A $7.00 Tube Fee will be added on certain fishing rods, antennas and other items 6 feet and over in length. Only one Tube Fee charge will occur per order regardless of the number of long items being ordered.
- APO/FPO/MPO shipping is provided through USPS. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Most backordered items will ship via USPS or Economy service levels unless otherwise specified by the customer.
If you are not satisfied for any reason you may return new and unused items in the original box with all accessories within 30 days for an exchange or refund to the credit card account charged, less any shipping fees incurred by the seller or purchaser. Special orders are not returnable. In order to receive a refund, all merchandise must possess the original manufacturer tags and identification stickers. Defective merchandise shall be returned directly to the manufacturer under their return policy; we can help you with that. All returns must be insured and postage prepaid. Please, clearly print/type your name and address on the outside of the package. Merchandise must include a copy of our invoice or packing slip. Shipping and Handling is non-refundable. There are no returns or credit available on pre-spooled line. Tackle Direct reserves the sole right to refuse the return of any item in which the purchaser has made previous multiple returns or if the product has been used. In addition, we will not accept orders from customers that have demonstrated a high incidence of returns after purchase.
Please contact us to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number prior to returning the merchandise.
|TackleDirect Returns Dept.
6825 Tilton Road, Bldg C
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234-4426