Shimano Stella SWB STL6000SWBHG Saltwater Spinning Reel
Our Best Holiday Offers
Extended Cyber Week Deals
FREE Economy Shipping on Orders Over $49 - No Code
$4.99 - 2 Day Shipping on Orders Over $99 - No Code
Returns Extended Until 1/31/17
Current Active Promotions
|Line Retrieve Per Crank||Mono Capacity|
Shimano announces its new showcase spinning reel series – the Stella SW, offered in sizes and construction features to handle nearly any game fish found in the world’s oceans The 12 models include the STL-SW5000XG, 5000HG, 6000HG, 6000PG, 8000HG, 8000PG, 10000PG, the ‘Cape Cod Canal jigging special 14000XG, 18000HG, 20000PG, and a true spinning reel built to tackle Bluefin tuna – the STL-SW30000. Shimano’s SW-X Concept brings together power, rigidity, toughness, drag performance and water resistance, focusing on retrieving power, strength and durability.
- X-Tough Drag, with its dramatically enhanced smoothness, control and toughness anticipates the vigorous speed of Blue-Fin Tuna and Giant Tuna
- X-SHIP enhances power transmission through the gear. This results in increased cranking power with extremely smooth feel
- X-Shield and X-Protect combine to provide extreme water resistance in the harshest conditions
- The Power Aluminum Body, X-Rigid Rotor, X-Rigid Body and X-Rigid Handle combine to provide ultimate rigidity & eliminate loss of power caused by reel flex
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller IV Oversized Roller with Overflange for the Ultimate in Line Protection, Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Septon Handle Grip - On models 10,000 and up
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment)
- Approved for saltwater use & Rated for use with PowerPro, Fluorocarbon and Mono lines
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement with Low Wear Rate Pinion Gear
- Cold Forged Aluminum Spool: Proprietary Coating on Spool Lip is harder than a Ti coated Stainless Steel Spool Lip, Ceramic Coating on entire spool for extreme corrosion resistance
- Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Coating on Line Roller
- S A-RB Bearings (Shielded A-RB
- Super Stopper II
- Stopperless Design (No Anti-Reverse Switch
- Fluidrive II & Dyna-Balance
5 Stars based on 5 reviews
So worth it
May 29, 2016
Shimano has allways delivered high quality tackle and this is the best they have! The stella series are a masterpiece the drag is supoer smooth and has never failed me on any size of reel. They will probably out live you with proper maintance, which they should for the price! If you are lookingto get the best reel out there and have it last forever this is the reel for you ! Worth every damn penny
San Antonio, TX
Very functional reel
November 29, 2015
I splurged on this reel and my buddy told me they were worth it. I paired it with a 10'6" st croix legend surf rod for a long distance, surf/jetty lure rod. I used it this weekend and man this thing cast like a dream. I think I found my perfect combo. I threw lures a mile for a couple hours and never got tired. Using 30lb sufix 832 line, i was casting very far and able to work lure efficiently. Very comfortable reeling. Didnt catch a fish yet on it but i Know the drag is the best in the business
lake worth , florida
WORTH EVERY PENNY!
January 26, 2015
The man who coined the phrase "money can not buy happiness" hasn't bought himself a Stella! Amazing gears and there isn't a better drag system out there. Mine has lasted me about 5 years and counting.
By richard or (rip)
jacksonville, North Carolina
January 12, 2015
Everything about this reel is phenomenal, and the purchase thru Tackle direct is fantastic.
ProsThe smoothest reel ever.
ConsThere is no cons. You pay for what you get.
Staten Island, NY
As smooth as silk ahhh...
March 8, 2013
After owning many of the 2008 stella's and now owning the new 2013 Stella. Shimano has proven the old saying, "If it's not broke don't fix it" dead wrong!
ProsTank strong, silky smooth ahhh...
1 Question & 1 Answer
from NJ asked:
March 21, 2013
Are the spools interchangeable with SW models?
The spools are interchangeable between all 2008 and 2013 Stella models except the 30000. Drag knobs are interchangeable between 2008 5k/6k and 2013 5k/6k, also between 2008 8k/10k and 2013 8k/10k/14k, but NOT between 2008 4k and 2013 4k, nor between 2008 18k/20k and 2013 18k/20k. The new 8k/10k have the twin disc drag just like the big 18k/20k. -Alan Hawk
on March 21, 2013
Our Price: $12.00
Our Price: $299.95
Our Price: $319.95
Our Price: $239.99
Our Price: $25.99