Shimano Stella SWB STL8000SWBHG Saltwater Spinning Reel
|Line Retrieve Per Crank||Mono Capacity|
Shimano announces its new showcase spinning reel series – the Stella SW, offered in sizes and construction features to handle nearly any game fish found in the world’s oceans The 12 models include the STL-SW5000XG, 5000HG, 6000HG, 6000PG, 8000HG, 8000PG, 10000PG, the ‘Cape Cod Canal jigging special 14000XG, 18000HG, 20000PG, and a true spinning reel built to tackle Bluefin tuna – the STL-SW30000. Shimano’s SW-X Concept brings together power, rigidity, toughness, drag performance and water resistance, focusing on retrieving power, strength and durability.
- X-Tough Drag, with its dramatically enhanced smoothness, control and toughness anticipates the vigorous speed of Blue-Fin Tuna and Giant Tuna
- X-SHIP enhances power transmission through the gear. This results in increased cranking power with extremely smooth feel
- X-Shield and X-Protect combine to provide extreme water resistance in the harshest conditions
- The Power Aluminum Body, X-Rigid Rotor, X-Rigid Body and X-Rigid Handle combine to provide ultimate rigidity & eliminate loss of power caused by reel flex
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller IV Oversized Roller with Overflange for the Ultimate in Line Protection, Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Septon Handle Grip - On models 10,000 and up
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment)
- Approved for saltwater use & Rated for use with PowerPro, Fluorocarbon and Mono lines
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement with Low Wear Rate Pinion Gear
- Cold Forged Aluminum Spool: Proprietary Coating on Spool Lip is harder than a Ti coated Stainless Steel Spool Lip, Ceramic Coating on entire spool for extreme corrosion resistance
- Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) Coating on Line Roller
- S A-RB Bearings (Shielded A-RB
- Super Stopper II
- Stopperless Design (No Anti-Reverse Switch
- Fluidrive II & Dyna-Balance
I would recommend this item to a friend.
July 12, 2015
Very happy with the reel, I've had it for two years now. It is a huge advantage to be able cast live sardines 30 to 40 yards off the boat for Tuna. This reel is also handy with ability to use 14000 spool as well. Plenty of drag to pull up to 100 pounders all day. Very easy to jig for tuna as well, damn near reels itself it's so smooth. Best day was 5 40 pound tuna in an hour. You can really turn the fish around and put the hammer to the fish head.
Pros:Easy to maintain, power, big drag, easy to cast far, amity to change spools