Shimano Thunnus TU12000CI4 Spinning Reel
|Line Capacity (Test/Yards)||Power Pro Capacity (est/Yards)||Line Retrieve Per Crank||Max Drag||S SUS Bearings||Roler Clutch||Gear Ratio||Grip||Weight||Price|
|37 in||25 lbs.||6||1||4.4||Large Egg||27.7 oz||$309.99 USD|
Lightweight and the power to stop big fish. Not a sentence you are used to hearing! Seemingly against the laws of nature. Thunnus takes a page from our Bicycle division using Carbon materials in high impact situations. Thunnus CI4 is a response to all the anglers out there in love with the ease of use and functionality that wanted the reel to shed some weight. Thunnus CI4 is up to 7 ounces lighter than its predecessor without sacrificing any power. Quite the opposite!! Due to new drag systems for the Main Drag and the Baitrunner drag Thunnus CI4 is the most efficient live bait spinning reel on the market with unmatched adjustability for fishing any bait in any condition as well as the smooth stopping power that this generation of Thunnus will be known for.
- Lightweight CI4 Frame and Rotor (AL on 12000)
- Aluminum Sideplate
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller III. Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Varispeed Oscillation
- S-Concept, S-Rotor, S-Arm Cam, Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread-In Handle Attachment), Oversized Septon Grips for Power and Comfort, WP Drag (Waterproof Drag)
- Machined Aluminum Handle
- Dartainium II Drag Washers (Cross Carbon)
- Repairable Clicker
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB) Ball Bearings
- Super Stopper II Anti-Reverse
- Floating Shaft
- Fluidrive II Gearing
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
Great drag system
September 24, 2015
I paired the reel with a med Terez rod. Makes a perfect setup for larger fish. Great Tarpon and Cobia setup. Super drag system. Love the live bait feature. Comfortable large handle. Own several 8000 and 12000.
ConsSeems to be over rated on .40 line capacity. Have never been able to get more then 275 yards as compared to rating of 320.
By Michael Cavenaugh
Ocean Going Spinning Reel
November 7, 2014
It is beautiful, smooth, tough and your not going to do any better than this for a big spinning reel. I love the freespool lever.
ProsYou can cast jigs or bait care free with spot on accuracy. Retrieves line back fast and it is a blast catching big fish on a spinning reel.
ConsEvery cast puts a twist in the line. You cannot put the pole on the rail. The flouro topshots have a tendency to unravel off the spool.
Our Price: $29.99
Our Price: $299.99
Starting at $5.99
Our Price: $29.49
Our Price: $6.99