Tibor Spey Fly Fishing Reel
The Tibor Spey Fly Fishing Reel gives two-handed fly rodding a Tibor update in this modern spin on one of fishing’s most hallowed traditions.
Our Best Holiday Offers
Extended Cyber Week Deals
FREE Economy Shipping on Orders $49+ w/ Code JOY49
$4.99 - 2 Day Shipping on Orders Over $99 - No Code
Returns Extended Until 1/31/17
Current Active Promotions
|Description||Weight||Rod Weights||Frame Size||Capacities||Color||Price|
|Spey Reel||10.5 oz.||8-10||4'' x 1 5/8''||Skagit 550/WC Spey|
200 yds. 20lb. Micron
at Line Groove
|Select Color||$795.00 USD|
|Spey Reel||12.5 oz.||11-15||4 3/8'' x 1 3/4''||WC Spey 10-11F|
300 yds. 30 lb. Micron
at Line Groove
|Select Color||$860.00 USD|
The Tibor Spey Fly Fishing Reel gives two-handed fly rodding a Tibor update in this modern spin on one of fishing’s most hallowed traditions. Engraved with a Steelhead and traditional Celtic knot pattern, the Tibor Spey reel features a modified drag system with a drag knob outlined in “witness marks.” These marks allow you to precisely set, loosen, keep track of and then reset your drag for the various tippet tensions required while striking, fighting and delicately landing larger fish.
The Tibor Spey also features Tibor's QuickChange spool system which allows you to change out spools on a moment’s notice. With only a single moving part – the one-piece stainless steel end cap – there is nothing to remove, no loose parts, tricky threading or alignments.
More Features and Specifications
- The modified drag system features a drag knob outlined in "witness marks." These marks allow you to keep track of your drag and the various tippet tensions required for landing larger fish.
- Unique spool design is engraved with a traditional Celtic Knot pattern. The frame also features the Celtic Knot pattern and Steelhead Salmon engraving.
- Precisely weighted and balanced for the heavier lines and rods commonly used in spey fishing.
- Spool change utilzies Tibor's QuickChange system which involves only a single moving part — the stainless steel end cap.
- All internal parts are sealed from outside elements.
- Made from solid aluminum bar stock.
- Available in non-reflective Jet Black and Moss Green.
- Comes with an extra thick neoprene case for easy storage and transportation.
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection.
- Available in 2 sizes.
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.