Ventafish VF-1 Fish Venting Tool
|Ventafish VF-1 Fish Venting Tool||$14.99 USD|
- Designed to meet all state and federal regulations.
- 45 degree front end.
- 16 gauge replaceable needle - packs available.
- Safety features: grip, cap, needle shielded.
- Vent holes are placed at the front of the VENTAFISH, which ensures the anglers hand will not obstruct the flow of air during use
- 3 vent holes are on each side of the VENTAFISH to allow for the quick diffusion of the fish’s swim bladder.
- The inclusion of a true 45 degree front end made VENTAFISH easy to use. An angler need only ensure the front end of the VENTAFISH is parallel to the fish in the appropriate location.
- VENTAFISH ensures you meet STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS every time you are on the water!
- VENTAFISH uses proven medical grade hypodermic 16 gauge needle approximately 1.5 inches in length.
- When a needle begins to dull from repeated use, it is easier and much more effective to replace the entire needle assembly.
- VENTAFISH design ensures anglers can easily acquire and safely replace the needle virtually anytime.
- VENTAFISH disjoints in the middle and allows the angler to easily and safely replace dull needles.
- VENTAFISH design allows for easy cleaning of the tool. Simply disjoint the VENTAFISH, place both parts in a cup or bucket of mild, soapy detergent or diluted bleach solution for safe and effective cleaning.
- A high impact, clear polycarbonate cap ensures no accidental stickings take place while the unit is being stored or transported.
- When engaged, the cap prevents the external plunger assembly from being pressed down. This completely eliminates the chance the needle will be engaged during storage or transport.
- The cap includes a molded clip that allows you to safely store and securely transport the VENTAFISH on your person without any fancy or costly holsters.
- An oversized rubber grip allows you to use VENTAFISH with confidence, even when your hands are slimy.
- This grip is highlighted in cobalt blue so it stands out against the rest of the tool.
Best practices in fish venting call for venting the fish as quickly as possible while handling the fish minimally.
STEP 1: Hold the fish gently but firmly on its side. Place your VENTAFISH tool with the 45 degree front end approximately 1-2 inches from the base of the pectoral fin.
STEP 2: After removing the saftey cap, slowly depress the plunger. The needle will penetrate the fish as you depress the plunger. Your VENTAFISH is designed so that it will not lock into place. Only depress the plunger enough to release the gases. The sound of the escaping air and deflation will be noticeable.
STEP 3: Return the vented fish to the water as soon as possible. If the fish is slow to respond, try reviving it by holding it with its head pointed downward while moving it back and forth to restore the circulation of water over the gills. Continue until the fish is able to swim unassisted.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
January 1, 2013
great venting tool that is easy to use and store
Pros:easy of use
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Love the Ventafish
July 18, 2012
Worked Great. Used it on some undersized snapper and grouper that had to be released.
Pros:Safe, easy to use,
Shipments within the contiguous 48 states in the USA:
TackleDirect is currently offering FREE Shipping and Handling on all orders over $200.00 with a valid coupon code via Economy within the contiguous 48 states in the USA. If you prefer faster shipping, please select any of the service levels listed below. Shipping costs are calculated in both the shopping cart and during the checkout process. Fishing rods, gaffs, antennas, coolers and any other oversize, bulky, and multiple package shipments may require additional charges. Most in-stock items are shipped the same day, if ordered by 2:00 PM ET on a business day. Tracking numbers and status are available through the TackleDirect Order Status Page.
Shipping Rates for Orders within the Contiguous 48 states in the USA:
|In-Transit Days*||1 to 4||2 to 7||1 to 5||3||2||1|
|$0.01 - 25.00||$3.99 & Up
Only available on select small and light weight items and orders.
$19.49 & Up
$20.49 & Up
Shipping cost for 2 Day Service is calculated in your shopping cart based on the weight, dimensions and destination of your order.
$21.49 & Up
|$25.01 - 50.00||$4.99||$8.49|
|$50.01 - 75.00||$7.99||$10.49|
|$75.01 - 100.00||$9.99||$12.49|
|$100.01 - 150.00||$10.99||$14.49|
|$150.01 - 200.00||$11.99||$16.49|
|$200.01 - 300.00||
|* In-Transit Days are business days from ship date. Additional charges may apply for fishing rods, oversized, and/or multiple package express shipments.|
Shipments outside the contiguous 48 states in the USA:
Shipping costs will be calculated in your shopping cart in real-time based on the country, location, billable weight, and package dimensions of your total order.
- 1 Day Service and 2 Day Service shipments must provide a valid street address as some carriers cannot deliver to a P.O. Box. Your order may ship either USPS, UPS or FedEx for these service levels.
- Hazardous merchandise cannot be expedited or shipped internationally. A hazardous charge may be applied for ground shipping.
- Orders containing hazardous items and orders over $1000 will require a signature upon delivery.
- A $7.00 Tube Fee will be added on certain fishing rods, antennas and other items 6 feet and over in length. Only one Tube Fee charge will occur per order regardless of the number of long items being ordered.
- APO/FPO/MPO shipping is provided through USPS. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Most backordered items will ship via USPS or Economy service levels unless otherwise specified by the customer.
If you are not satisfied for any reason you may return new and unused items in the original box with all accessories within 30 days for an exchange or refund to the credit card account charged, less any shipping fees incurred by the seller or purchaser. Special orders are not returnable. In order to receive a refund, all merchandise must possess the original manufacturer tags and identification stickers. Defective merchandise shall be returned directly to the manufacturer under their return policy; we can help you with that. All returns must be insured and postage prepaid. Please, clearly print/type your name and address on the outside of the package. Merchandise must include a copy of our invoice or packing slip. Shipping and Handling is non-refundable. There are no returns or credit available on pre-spooled line. Tackle Direct reserves the sole right to refuse the return of any item in which the purchaser has made previous multiple returns or if the product has been used. In addition, we will not accept orders from customers that have demonstrated a high incidence of returns after purchase.
Please contact us to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number prior to returning the merchandise.
|TackleDirect Returns Dept.
6825 Tilton Road, Bldg C
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234-4426