Abu Garci RVO3 INS Revo Inshore Generation 3 Baitcasting Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Retrieve Speed||Spool Capacity Mono|
|Spool Capacity Braid|
|Hand Retrieve||Max Drag|
- 6 High Performance Corrosion Resistant (HPCR) bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- X2- Cräftic alloy frame
- C6 carbon sideplates
- Carbon Matrix drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure
- D2 Gear Design
- Pitch centrifugal brake system
- Large EVA knobs provide improved grip
- Extended bent handle for increased cranking power
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
- Dual anti reverse
Altough i am partial to mag casting drag systems as in the Revo fresh water versions i use. The mechanical cast drag system works well when understood. And yes! It has a casting drag under left cover. Being a mechanical cast drag system. The friction system does wear out after several thosand casts with 1/2 oz to 2 oz baits. Am changing them for first time. All six friction brakes are toast.
- Just plain good all round.
- 50 yards more line capacity with 50# braid would make it perfect.
Went back out on the water - three casts in. Same issue. Nearly threw the whole thing in the ocean. Sitting on my workbench as a reminder to never buy this brand again...
Don’t do it.
- See review. Save your money - way better reels out there for less cash.
- Strong Construction
- Good drag
- In ability to adjust brakes for lure weight/wind
The reel does exceedingly well with baits in the 1/2 oz and up range, any lighter and you may start to have some problems. I usually fish tandem 3/8 jig/gulp and topwater lures with this reel though so it does not affect me.
She is a little on the pricey side, but I think with regular maintenance it will last many years.
- Smooth Drag
- Looks great
- Innovative Braking System
- Line Capacity
- A little noisy on the cast
- Light, smooth
- for new user, no manual
The reel was properly cleaned and lubed after each trip and stripped once it stopped working but I could not get it to work. It now sits unused in my tackle draw. Surprising given the cost of the reel and the rep of Abu Garcia reels.
- Very Light - Nice smooth retrieve. Setting the right brakes took a lot of trial and error and lots of overwinds.
- Very unreliable - Broke after 8 hrs of fishing.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!