Avet MXL 5.8 MC Single Speed Lever Drag Casting Reel Black
|Inches per Crank||Weight|
|MXL 5.8 MC Black|
|5.8:1||38 in.||18 oz.||Black||$259.99 USD|
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Avet's patented, indestructible, silent dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- 8 sealed stainless ball bearings.
- Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Specially designed rod mounting foot to fit most graphite trigger seats as well as standard rod seats.
- Matching machined aluminum rod clamp.
- Designed, machined and assembled in USA.
- MXL, MXJ Reel diameter: 2-3/8 in.
- MXJ spool width: 1-7/16 in.
- MXL spool width: 1-7/8 in.
- MXL, MXJ crank handle length (except Raptor models): 2-3/4 in. w/ oval knob
- MX Raptor crank handle length: 3 in. w/ oval knob
- MC Models - Magic Cast Control System.
- Prevention of backlash and as a line out adjustment for live bait fishing.
- 1 through 5 Cast Control knob setting for multiple weight casting applications.
- MC Cast is a standard feature on Raptor models (HXW Raptor excluded)
Avet single speed reels include industry leading features unlike any other reel on the market. Featuring an adjustable strike pre-set lever drag system, precision machined 6061-T6 aluminum and stainless steel components, 8 rubber sealed stainless steel ball bearings, stainless steel gears and Avet's smooth, powerful Avedrag dry drag system. Avet single speed reels are at the peak of quality and performance. All Avet single speed reels are available with or without their M.C. Cast control system. (except HXW)
Avet 2-Speed Reels
Avet 2-speed reels include all of the quality features of our single speed reels, with 2-speeds. The simple, yet reliable gear shift mechanism built into the 2-speed models is so easy to operate that it becomes second nature almost immediately. The push button located at the center of the handle arm permits shifting between the high and low gears without your hand ever leaving the handle knob, and can be shifted with or without pressure, so you can shift while cranking, or when a fish is running. All Avet 2-speed lever drag casting reels (SX-HX) are available with or without their M.C. Cast control system.
Avet M.C. Cast Anti-Backlash / Cast Control
Avet's revolutionary M.C. Cast (Magic Cast) adjustable magnetic anti-backlash cast control system is available as an option on all of their single and 2-speed casting reels, SX through HX, and is a standard feature on the Raptor Series Reels (excluding the HXW Raptor). The M.C. Cast control system incorporates Avet's Patented Adjustable Intensity Polar Amplification Technology to create the most efficient and easy to use cast control system for a conventional style reel. From the lightest bait to heavy lures, the M.C. Cast Control System is simple to use, even if you have never before cast a conventional style reel. Simply place your thumb on the spool to cast, swing, remove your thumb from the spool and let it fly! You will only need to thumb the spool when the lure hits the water.
Avet Raptor Series Reels
Avet Raptor Series Reels are the cutting edge in compact large game reels. These reels are consistently landing shockingly large fish in relation to their compact size. Designed for use with the ultra thin, super strong superbraid lines available today, it's now possible to target large game species with a reel half of the size and weight compared to a reel traditionally designed for similar monofilament line and drag capacities. And the Raptor has the drag and cranking power to back it up.
The Avet Raptor Series comes standard with Avet's innovative 2-speed gears, M.C. Cast control, and a ratcheting drag lever with a positive stop strike button to prevent accidental advancement past strike. Featuring Avet's patented DUAL DIRECT DRIVE Full Surface Caliper Brake System, Raptor models put out nearly twice the drag pressure of the original Avets! There's a Raptor model that will stop any fish in the ocean, yet small and light enough to cast. If you find a fish too big for a Raptor, you probably wouldn't want it near your boat! The Raptor Series reels are the same sizes as the original Avet reels, with enhanced line capacities, and each are engineered and built to fish several line classes heavier than the original Avet Reels.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!