Avet SXJ 6/4 2-Speed Lever Drag Casting Reel - Pink
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with Code: SWORD50 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Retrieve||Line Class||Mono Capacity|
|Inches Per Crank||Weight|
|SXJ 6/4 Pink|
|H: 36 in.|
L: 21 in.
|15 oz.||Pink||$259.99 USD|
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Avet's patented, indestructible, silent dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- 8 sealed stainless ball bearings.
- Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Specially designed rod mounting foot to fit most graphite trigger seats as well as standard rod seats.
- Matching machined aluminum rod clamp. (Excluding Non-Raptor SXJ Models)
- Designed, machined and assembled in USA.
- SX, SXJ Reel diameter: 2-3/8 in.
- SXJ spool width: 1-1/8 in.
- SX spool width: 1-1/2 in.
- SX crank handle length (except Raptor models): 2-3/4 in. w/ oval knob
- SX Raptor crank handle length: 3 in. w/ oval knob
- MC Models - Magic Cast Control System.
- Prevention of backlash and as a line out adjustment for live bait fishing.
- 1 through 5 Cast Control knob setting for multiple weight casting applications.
- MC Cast is a standard feature on Raptor models (HXW Raptor excluded)
I spooled it with 40lb JB solid core braid FG knot to 10ft of 60lb flouro. I like this reel because of how tiny it is. I prefer the narrow frame version of the reels because the line lays easier. It puts out 25lbs of drag which is unreal for it's size, it only weighs 16ozs. The only thing it lacks is line capacity. I think i got a little over 200yds of 40 on it. I caught a nice size cobia with it and he pulled a good bit of line off the reel. I never thought I was going to get spooled or anything like that but I could tell there was a decent bit of line missing off the reel (about 1/3). I did make a pretty long cast to the cobia to start. Towards the end of the season we started catching snapper that were averaging 10-12lbs and we caught quite a few that were 15-20lbs. I had this reel set to 22lb at full drag. It did perform very well with the bigger fish but they tended to pull a little more line off this reel than the other reels that had higher drags. I had one very big fish get me down in some structure and I lost him. After that I really never used this reel at my big fish spots and I used the bigger reels with more drag. I used this reel to fish higher in the water column and it worked excellent for that, it also worked great for butterfly jigging. Don't get me wrong, it's a great snapper reel even for the biggest of snapper... but why use it when I can use reels I have set to 30-35lbs of drag at max? I really enjoyed using it to catch beeliners and it worked great on triggers too. If I were to do this one over I might would opt for an SX or maybe an MXJ to get a little more line capacity, it somewhat limits what you can do with this reel. Then again maybe not, I really like the narrow spool. I purchased this reel for an ultra-light, compact, 2 speed bottom fishing reel for snapper. It does that just fine but it is really not ideal for lighter drag applications such as fishing for king mackerel. I guess I'm trying to compare it to the versatility of the JX a little too much. All in all it's a pretty awesome little reel.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!