Avet SXJ 6/4 MC Raptor 2-Speed Lever Drag Casting Reel Gold
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Retrieve||Line Class||Mono Capacity|
|Inches Per Crank||Weight|
|SXJ 6/4 MC RAPTOR Gold|
|Right Hand||20-50 lb||20/200|
|H: 39 in.|
L: 24 in.
|16 oz.||Gold||$450.99 USD|
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- True one piece frame for the ultimate in strength vs. weight.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable strike pre-set.
- Precision machined stainless steel gears.
- Avet's patented, indestructible, silent dog and gear anti-reverse system, the most reliable in the industry.
- Reliable Avedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- 8 sealed stainless ball bearings.
- Alarm clicker.
- Offset machined handle arm to reduce centerline profile and cranking wobble.
- Large comfortable soft touch handle knob.
- Specially designed rod mounting foot to fit most graphite trigger seats as well as standard rod seats.
- Matching machined aluminum rod clamp. (Excluding Non-Raptor SXJ Models)
- Designed, machined and assembled in USA.
- SX, SXJ Reel diameter: 2-3/8 in.
- SXJ spool width: 1-1/8 in.
- SX spool width: 1-1/2 in.
- SX crank handle length (except Raptor models): 2-3/4 in. w/ oval knob
- SX Raptor crank handle length: 3 in. w/ oval knob
- MC Models - Magic Cast Control System.
- Prevention of backlash and as a line out adjustment for live bait fishing.
- 1 through 5 Cast Control knob setting for multiple weight casting applications.
- MC Cast is a standard feature on Raptor models (HXW Raptor excluded)
Avet single speed reels include industry leading features unlike any other reel on the market. Featuring an adjustable strike pre-set lever drag system, precision machined 6061-T6 aluminum and stainless steel components, 8 rubber sealed stainless steel ball bearings, stainless steel gears and Avet's smooth, powerful Avedrag dry drag system. Avet single speed reels are at the peak of quality and performance. All Avet single speed reels are available with or without their M.C. Cast control system. (except HXW)
Avet 2-Speed Reels
Avet 2-speed reels include all of the quality features of our single speed reels, with 2-speeds. The simple, yet reliable gear shift mechanism built into the 2-speed models is so easy to operate that it becomes second nature almost immediately. The push button located at the center of the handle arm permits shifting between the high and low gears without your hand ever leaving the handle knob, and can be shifted with or without pressure, so you can shift while cranking, or when a fish is running. All Avet 2-speed lever drag casting reels (SX-HX) are available with or without their M.C. Cast control system.
Avet M.C. Cast Anti-Backlash / Cast Control
Avet's revolutionary M.C. Cast (Magic Cast) adjustable magnetic anti-backlash cast control system is available as an option on all of their single and 2-speed casting reels, SX through HX. The M.C. Cast control system incorporates Avet's Patented Adjustable Intensity Polar Amplification Technology to create the most efficient and easy to use cast control system for a conventional style reel. From the lightest bait to heavy lures, the M.C. Cast Control System is simple to use, even if you have never before cast a conventional style reel. Simply place your thumb on the spool to cast, swing, remove your thumb from the spool and let it fly! You will only need to thumb the spool when the lure hits the water.
Avet Raptor Series Reels
Avet Raptor Series Reels are the cutting edge in compact large game reels. These reels are consistently landing shockingly large fish in relation to their compact size. Designed for use with the ultra thin, super strong superbraid lines available today, it's now possible to target large game species with a reel half of the size and weight compared to a reel traditionally designed for similar monofilament line and drag capacities. And the Raptor has the drag and cranking power to back it up.
The Avet Raptor Series comes standard with Avet's innovative 2-speed gears and a ratcheting drag lever with a positive stop strike button to prevent accidental advancement past strike. Featuring Avet's patented DUAL DIRECT DRIVE Full Surface Caliper Brake System, Raptor models put out nearly twice the drag pressure of the original Avets! There's a Raptor model that will stop any fish in the ocean, yet small and light enough to cast. If you find a fish too big for a Raptor, you probably wouldn't want it near your boat! The Raptor Series reels are the same sizes as the original Avet reels, with enhanced line capacities, and each are engineered and built to fish several line classes heavier than the original Avet Reels.
I spooled it with 40lb JB solid core braid FG knot to 10ft of 60lb flouro. I like this reel because of how tiny it is. I prefer the narrow frame version of the reels because the line lays easier. It puts out 25lbs of drag which is unreal for it's size, it only weighs 16ozs. The only thing it lacks is line capacity. I think i got a little over 200yds of 40 on it. I caught a nice size cobia with it and he pulled a good bit of line off the reel. I never thought I was going to get spooled or anything like that but I could tell there was a decent bit of line missing off the reel (about 1/3). I did make a pretty long cast to the cobia to start. Towards the end of the season we started catching snapper that were averaging 10-12lbs and we caught quite a few that were 15-20lbs. I had this reel set to 22lb at full drag. It did perform very well with the bigger fish but they tended to pull a little more line off this reel than the other reels that had higher drags. I had one very big fish get me down in some structure and I lost him. After that I really never used this reel at my big fish spots and I used the bigger reels with more drag. I used this reel to fish higher in the water column and it worked excellent for that, it also worked great for butterfly jigging. Don't get me wrong, it's a great snapper reel even for the biggest of snapper... but why use it when I can use reels I have set to 30-35lbs of drag at max? I really enjoyed using it to catch beeliners and it worked great on triggers too. If I were to do this one over I might would opt for an SX or maybe an MXJ to get a little more line capacity, it somewhat limits what you can do with this reel. Then again maybe not, I really like the narrow spool. I purchased this reel for an ultra-light, compact, 2 speed bottom fishing reel for snapper. It does that just fine but it is really not ideal for lighter drag applications such as fishing for king mackerel. I guess I'm trying to compare it to the versatility of the JX a little too much. All in all it's a pretty awesome little reel.
- light weight
- made in america
- stainless gears
- shielded bearings
- affordable compared to talicas and accurates
- limited due to line capacity
- Pricey but worthwhile investment that should last many yesrs
- none noted
- Everything is great.
- Expensive, but you get what you pay for.
- Tons of drag
- Easy to use
- Lower gear ratio helps wench in big fish
- Only con is I wish I had two
- smooth when casting and reeling, easy to maintenance
- not easy to find what (colors, raptor) you want in the left hand models and cost a bit more for them
grouper. The Raptor 2 speed fit the Bill perfectly. Light, solid and love the 2 speed. Wife can leave the rod in the gunnel holder, flip into low speed and easily lift grouper off the bottom! Nuff said!
- Solid drag rail that clicks to position
- Drag has been a bit grabby durning break 9n period, but after several outings, it is smoothing out ? wish Avet would improve the the drag smoothness out of the box.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!