Daiwa SALTIGA5000 Saltiga Saltwater Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Gear Ratio||Ball Bearings||Weight(oz)||Line Capacity|
|4.4:1||13+1||22.0||Mono: 17/310, 20/240|
Braid: 55/440, 70/330
- MAG SEALED BB Line roller, Drive gear (Both side)
- MAG SEALED Main Shaft
- Hyper Digigear
- Hardbodyz body design
- Zaion air rotor
- Machined aluminum custom handle
- Air bail
- ABS aluminum spool
- Looks expensive and high quality.
- Its not cheap.
- great drag system and super tight water proof reel
- Drag, line capacity, aesthetics it looks sick
- Cant think of any
- fit and finish, completely sealed
- little more resistance than reeling than expected. this is probably due to the sealing of the reel. makes just a little more noise than expected when reeling.
- 60+ lbs of drag, holds alot of line. Aesthetically beautiful.
- Chipping on the outer paint job, requires a good cleaning after every saltwater application.
- Extremely easy cranking, 66lbs of drag if you ever need it. Beautiful reels. Durable, reliable. Worth every dime knowing this reel won't let the trophy of a life time get away !!!
- I only have two !!!
I loved the look and feel of the reel, it worked hard and easily managed to land 100lb+ yellow fine, drag was great, and almost a smooth as the stella.
my big disappointment is the paint job, I cant believe after one week of fishing there is bubbling on the paint at the base of the reel, incredible on brand new reel. to add to this a massive amount of paint has come off around the the reel seat and shaft.
for the money I paid this is extremely disappointing. the 2 stellas that worked just as hard in difficult weather conditions are still in perfect condition as you would expect.
- Look and feel, drag and power of the reel, good weight for the size off reel
- Paint and durability of the paint job, already corroding after 1 weeks fishing, and chipping around the handle
- Super smooth
- Strong drag
- Price but you get what you pay for
- Plastic drag knob but that's a minor.
- Drag capacity and smoothness
- Line capacity
- Customer service. Had an accident with a hatch door and Daiwa USA handled it.
- Reel handle able to switch sides easily
- Overall design and functionality
- Line capacity and nice balance. Knob handle is also very nice.
- With some of my rods, this reel will not seat firmly. Not sure if it's the rod or the reel causing the issue. I just wrap the reel fins with a little electrical tape and then seat it into the rod. Works great and I'm good to go.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!