G.Loomis GWR901S GLX Greenwater Series Saltwater Spinning Rod
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Length/Type||Handle||Pieces||Line Weight (lb)||Lure Weight (oz)||Action||Power||Price|
|305||1||10-20||1/4-1 1/4||Ex-Fast||Mag-Med||$430.00 USD|
G. Loomis Greenwater core models feature G. Loomis' proprietary ''fiber blend technology'' and have Fuji chrome Alconite guides. Three other models offer the ultimate in light weight and sensitivity with G. Loomis' proprietary GLX performance. They feature the light and virtually indestructible Recoil guides.
G. Loomis Greenwater rods may be divided into three groups:
- ''standard'' Greenwater rods (GWR) for fishing live or cut bait
- ''popping'' Greenwater rods (GWPR) for bait or small soft plastics
- ''magnum taper'' Greenwater rods (GWMR) for fishing spoons, soft plastic jerkbaits and jigs
A more powerful spinning rod designed to fish live bait and soft plastics, this is a great choice for the deeper flats and the bigger fish that inhabit them. It makes a good choice for permit, snook and big reds. It's a nice rod for fishing small crabs and baitfish. Thanks to the sensitivity of GLX, you can almost feel a fish look at your bait.
That being said I would definitely recommend this rod to anyone out there fishing for bass or pike. I've pulled a few big guys out of the lake so far with no issues.
- Feels quality is just rigid enough, casts great!
- great feel
- nice rod til it broke
- G Loomis warranty is useless
- Replacement cost under warranty is more than competitive rods
- Very light. Strong great cork handle
- Good looking rod ,nice weight
The only down side to some may be the one-piece construction of this 8‚Ä™6‚Ä rod which may be an issue to some. However, the sensitivity offered by this rod outweighs the issue of transporting and/or storing.
- Super sensitive. Light weight.
- One-piece construction makes it cumbersome to transport to a pier.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!