G.Loomis GWR901S Greenwater Series Saltwater Spinning Rod
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $100 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Length/Type||Handle||Pieces||Line Weight (lb)||Lure Weight (oz)||Action||Power||Price|
|123||1||10-20||1/4-1 1/4||Ex-Fast||Mag-Med||$290.00 USD|
G. Loomis Greenwater core models feature G. Loomis' proprietary ''fiber blend technology'' and have Fuji chrome Alconite guides. Three other models offer the ultimate in light weight and sensitivity with G. Loomis' proprietary GLX performance. They feature the light and virtually indestructible Recoil guides.
G. Loomis Greenwater rods may be divided into three groups:
- ''standard'' Greenwater rods (GWR) for fishing live or cut bait
- ''popping'' Greenwater rods (GWPR) for bait or small soft plastics
- ''magnum taper'' Greenwater rods (GWMR) for fishing spoons, soft plastic jerkbaits and jigs
A more powerful spinning rod designed to fish live bait and soft plastics, it makes a really good choice for the deeper flats and bigger fish. It is a good choice for permit, small jacks and big reds. It will handle small crabs and has enough power to handle those oversized surprises. Made with G. Loomis' ''fiber blend technology'', it is light and sensitive!
That being said I would definitely recommend this rod to anyone out there fishing for bass or pike. I've pulled a few big guys out of the lake so far with no issues.
- Feels quality is just rigid enough, casts great!
- great feel
- nice rod til it broke
- G Loomis warranty is useless
- Replacement cost under warranty is more than competitive rods
- Very light. Strong great cork handle
- Good looking rod ,nice weight
The only down side to some may be the one-piece construction of this 8â€™6â€ rod which may be an issue to some. However, the sensitivity offered by this rod outweighs the issue of transporting and/or storing.
- Super sensitive. Light weight.
- One-piece construction makes it cumbersome to transport to a pier.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!