Okuma MK 30IISEa Makaira 2 Speed Lever Drag Reel
|Line Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Bearings||Max Drag - Full||Max Drag - Strike||Weight||Price|
|High - 39.4in|
Low - 17.5in
|High - 3.8:1|
Low - 1.3:1
- 6061-T6 Machined aluminum frame with forged side plates
- Proprietary hybrid corrosion resistant stainless steel gearing
- Helical cut gears for extreme smoothness and gear meshing
- Makaira reels all feature Two-speed gearing systems
- Gold anodized two-speed gear shifter housing
- Cold forged, Type-II anodized, machined aluminum spool
- CRC: Corrosion Resistant Coating process
- Patented spool pin system for use with braided or mono lines
- Carbonite Dual Force drag system featuring Calís universal drag grease
- Custom designed thrust bearing: Alleviates side load on heavy drag settings
- 4-pcs ABEC-5 precision Sapporo stainless steel rubber sealed ball bearings
- MA-80WII features 6-pcs of Sapporo ball bearings
- Double dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse system
- Ratcheting drag lever and drag cam for precise drag setting
- Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert on all models
- Heavy duty stainless steel ratcheting clicker system
- Heavy duty, precision stainless steel drive and spool shafts
- Type-II gold anodized frame, side plates, spool, drag lever and handle
- Open top frame design on MK-5II, 10II, 15II, 20II, 50II
- Lug and plug system on all open top reel models
- Machined thumb rest on rear cross bar for improved ergonomics
- Forged aluminum full hard anodized reel foot and reel clamp
- Machined etched Marlin logo on left side plate
- Precision placement of drain holes maximizes water removal from reel
- Special screw ports around side plate screws reduces water/corrosion buildup
- Makaira lever drag reels are backed by a 5-year warranty
4.5 Stars based on 6 reviews
August 18, 2017
No flies on this reel
I used to think Okuma reels were total junk, but that was 20 years ago, and I admit they have come a long was! This reel is a premium high performance machine. If I could give it six stars I would!
ProsPerfect offshore reel!
May 7, 2015
I love this reel
Perfect reel for what I do - which is fish for sharks off the beach. Loaded up with 60lb hollow and 150 yards of 50lb mono topshot, I have this mounted on a carbon tuna popper which allows me to cast and muscle in a big fish. Just landed a 200lb sand tiger on this yesterday. Liked it so much, I bought a Mak 10 SEA for my surf rod. So smooth and gorgeous.
ProsExtremely smooth, well built, plenty of drag, castable, two speed
ConsIt wasn't free.
Boynton Beach, FL
April 30, 2015
great reel for live bait fishing
May 8, 2014
I have not had the opportunity to use this reel as off yet but upon initial inspection I will have to admit its mechanical piece of art. The freespool is smooth and endless. The 2 speed mechanism seems smooth and easy to operate, the handle position and grip are comfortable. The build quality seem precise with nice anodizing. So far I will have to agree with Alan Tani's review simply awesome. Thanks Tackle Direct.
ProsEvery aspect of the reel upon initial inspection.
ConsI have not had an opportunity to utilise.
By John Oross
December 1, 2013
Seems like a great reel
As usual, dealing with TD has been a flawless experience. The reel itself seems fine; the free spool is as good as one of those custom jobs. I also like the low low gear. Cant wait to get it in the water.
By Mohamed Hassan
January 19, 2013
once i received my reel i like to keep fishing with this reel only i did not use it yet, but i have check it, its very strong and ultra free spool, with strong cranking power with T bar handle, this reel is awesome
ProsUltra Smooth, cranking power Lightweight very nice color
There are no questions or answers for this item.