Penn Fathom Star Drag Reels
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with Code: SWORD50 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Mono Cap. (yds/lb)||Braid Cap. (yds/lb)||Bearings||Max Drag||Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve||Weight||Price|
|5+1||25 lbs||6.0:1||28 in||15.5 oz||$199.95 USD|
|5+1||25 lbs||6.0:1||28 in||15.6 oz||$199.95 USD|
|5+1||25 lbs||6.0:1||40 in||17.9 oz||$219.95 USD|
|5+1||25 lbs||6.0:1||40 in||18.4 oz||$219.95 USD|
|5+1||25 lbs||6.0:1||40 in||18.7 oz||$219.95 USD|
- Full metal body and sideplates keep precise gear alignment under heavy loads
- Machine-cut marine grade bronze main gear with hardened stainless steel pinion
- Versa-Drag system with HT-100 washers. By rearranging the sequence of the keyed metal washers and eared HT-100 washers the reel can be set up for fishing a wide range of drag settings without additional parts.
- Live Spindle Design with free floating spool
- Internally adjustable centrifugal braking system
- Line Capacity Rings eliminate the question of how muchline you have left when fighting a fish. The three lines on the spool flange let you know when you have 1/3, 2/3 or a full spool of line. These lines also give you a benchmark for backing your superlines with monofilament.
- 5+1 shielded stainless steel bearing system
- Instant anti-reverse bearing with silent back up ratchet
It replaced an ageing sealine h600 and i will be replacing the other five sealines also..
Anyway, the reel feels really solid, a touch heavy, but that's to be expected with the solid metal frame. I think it will outlast the light weight graphite reel (Squall).
(!) When I got the reel, I played with it for a bit. Engaging the free spool, and than back in gear. And, when I put the reel back in gear.... there is a "grinding" sound feeling almost before it finally clicks into gear. It almost takes for you to reverse the handle to have it "click" back into gear.
So, naturally, I was concerned and called the seller right away, and they were really good and refunded me, and I re-ordered the same reel.
(!) On some of the fishing forums, I brought this issue up. Someone asked me if I had line on the reel when this occurred. I didn't. He said it's normal for that to happen if there is no line or weight/resistance applied. The little bit of weight from the line will make the reel click right back into gear.
Something I din't know and thought of before hearing about it on this forum. Disadvantage of online shopping I guess. So, it's normal. The new re-ordered reel does the same thing,
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!