Penn SQL50LD Squall Lever Drag Reel
|Mono Cap. (yds/lb)||Braid Cap. (yds/lb)||Bearings||Max Drag|
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve||Weight||Price|
|5+1||15 lbs||20 lbs||4.3:1||35 in||27.4 oz||$179.95 USD|
- Lightweight graphite frame and sideplates
- Forged and machined aluminum spool
- High-strength marine grade bronze main and pinion gear
- Dura-Drag washers virtually eliminate hesitation, even underextreme drag settings
- Switchblade harness lugs (50 & 60 sizes only)
- Ratcheted drag lever prevents ''drag creep'' caused by hours of trolling and vibrations
- Line Capacity Rings
- 5+1 Shielded stainless steel bearing system
- Instant anti-reverse bearing with silent back up ratchet
- Versa-Handle System - Are you bottom fishing or trolling? Are you looking for power or speed? Penn's Versa-Handle System allows the angler to choose how long the handle should be in less than a minute; tools are included with each reel. Assemble the reel in the long position for more power; assemble in the short position for more speed, your choice.
- Line Capacity Rings eliminate the question of how much line you have left when fighting a fish. The three lines on the spool flange let you know when you have 1/3rd, 2/3rd, or a full spool of line. Also if you respool often these lines give you a benchmark for backing your superlines with monofilament which will help eliminate wasted time and line.
- Switchblade Harness Lugs give you all the benefits of traditional lugs without the risk of grabbing loose line and potentially breaking off fish. When the lugs are not in use they remain flush with the reel frame, when you need them they easily pop up with the tip of your finger. The other benefit of the proprietary Switchblade harness lugs is basic ergonomics. Letís face it, harness lugs can be uncomfortable when you are palming the reel on the cast or retrieve. If you donít plan to use the lugs then stow them in the down position and you have one of the most ergonomic reels on the market. Included on 50 & 60 sizes only.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!