Shimano CU200HGK Curado K Baitcasting Reel
ICAST 2017 Best of Show Winner!
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Inches Per Crank||Gear Ratio||MonoLine Capacity|
|PowerPro Line Cap|
|Max Drag (lb)||Ball Bearings||Retrieve||Weight(oz)||Price|
|11||6+1||Right Hand||7.6||$189.99 USD|
Considered by many to be the benchmark for reliability and versatility, the Shimano Curado platform has long been trusted by generations of anglers as a workhorse casting reel. The latest installment in this legendary series of reels is the Curado 200K, a new offering that makes use of Shimanoís top technologies such as super smooth MicroModule Gear to take the Curado name to the next level. Anglers of all skill levels will appreciate the ease of adjustment the SVS Infinity Braking allows, and the increased casting distance achieved in conjunction with Super Free Spool.
Equally at home in both freshwater or saltwater; the Curado 200Kís improved ergonomics, longer handle, and Cross Carbon Drag system give the angler more control when fighting their target species. Whether you are looking for a new ďjack of all tradesĒ casting reel or need a new reel for a specific technique, Shimano Curado 200K Casting Reels are offered in both left and right-hand as well as multiple gear ratios from 6.2:1 up to 8.5:1 to ensure you have the right tool for the job.
Shimano Technology Found In Curado K Reels :
- Micro Module Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to itís stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An anglerís actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. Itís efficiency through strength.
- SVS Infinity - Provides easy to manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- Super Free Spool - SF was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. The pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which keeps the gear in perfect alignment with the spool shaft to eliminate friction for longer casts and smoother operation.
- Super Stopper - Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing to eliminate back-play in the reel and provide the angler with instant power when setting the hook.
- A-RB Bearings - These stainless steel bearings are specially treated to drastically increase corrosion resistance and will last more than 10 times longer than traditional ball bearings in saltwater enviornments.
- Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
Iíve had mine for around 3-4 years and I fish it heavily, as itís the only bait caster I have. Iíve caught several hundred white bass, countless largemouth, multiple speckled trout, flounder, and even a handful of large unexpected bull reds. Pair this reel with some suffix braid and be ready to cast to the moon. Super smooth drag and holds a ton of 20lb braid.
- Durable, never had it serviced and it?s as smooth as the day I got it out the box.
- Smooth drag, isn?t ?sticky? like other reels, doesn?t vibrate when you cast, very balanced and light reel.
- Absolutely none,
True day in and day out do everything workhorse reel!
- Easy to Palm
- Looks good with all my rods
- Casts Great
- built tough
- Price, reliability, casting.
- None yet
- Quality built
- Easy to adjust
- Great performance
Smooth as silk.
- I've been a big fan of shimano for years, no compaints
- None so far
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!