Shimano Exsence Spinning Reels
|Inches Per Crank||Gear Ratio||Mono Line Capacity|
|PowerPro Line Capacity|
|Max Drag (lb)||Ball Bearings||Weight|
Loaded with Shimano’s flagship features and technology, Shimano Exsence Spinning Reels provide light tackle inshore and bass anglers a featherweight tool to tackle whatever their target species may be. The saltwater-safe magnesium Hagane body offers extreme rigidity while also shaving weight for all day comfort. The extremely smooth operation of the Shimano Exsence is made possible by the combination of advanced technologies such as Micromodule Gearing, Hagane Gear, and Shimano’s lightweight and balanced MGL Rotor.
Anglers fishing light inshore applications will appreciate the use of X-Protect, which combines a water-repellent coating and a specially designed labyrinth construction to provide advanced protection from water intrusion and internal damage without sacrificing the reel’s light feel and smooth rotation. From fishing finesse techniques for bass to casting topwaters to backwater redfish, the Shimano Exsence is more than up to handling the task.
Shimano Technology Found In Exsence Reels :
- G-Free Body - G-Free Body technology enables the reel’s center of gravity to be moved closer to the center of the reel seat, and therefore the anglers hand position. This shift in weight and balance helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it’s stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Hagane Gear - Boasting amazing strength and durability, Hagane Gear is a process in which the gearing is calculated in minute detail and cold forged instead of being cut. This application of state-of-the-art technologies gives the angler reel smoothness from the first use through years of enjoyment.
- MGL Rotor - The Magnumlight Rotor is 25% lighter and allows for better balance and requires 22% less inertia, which makes it easier to start and stop the retrieve for a smoother feel.
- Micro Module Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
- X-Protect - By combining a water repellant coating and a specially designed water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without adding weight or sacrificing light rotor rotation.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
Keep up the great work Shimano and thanks Tackledirect for having it in stock and getting in to me in a timely manner.
Second thought was - weight. This reel is light for a 4000 series. The lightest I have used in this size. It is only .3 Oz more than my Twin Power XD with 20% more drag.
Bearing system seems smooth and the mag body is well balanced.
It should work well for anything from smaller specks to medium/larger bull reds.
Reel case is well made and seems durable.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!