Shimano NAS4000XGFB NASCI Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Inches Per Crank||Gear Ratio||Mono/Fluoro|
Capacity (lb test/yds)
|PowerPro Line Capacity|
|Max Drag (lb)||Ball Bearings||Weight (oz)||Price|
Offering some of Shimano’s flagship technologies and uncompromising quality in a package that even the budget-minded angler can enjoy, the Shimano Nasci is an exciting new reel that both freshwater and saltwater anglers can make use of. Featuring Shimano’s HGN Gearing, the Shimano Nasci offers long-term gear durability not normally associated with spinning reels in it’s class. X-Ship technology is also employed in the Nasci. X-Ship makes use of a dual bearing-supported pinion gear that keeps precise alignment with the drive gear leading to a more connected feel under heavy loads, less friction between the spool shaft and gear, and years of dependable operation and performance.
Adding to the list of features is one rarely seen in a reel of this class. CoreProtect protects three critical areas of the Shimano Nasci - the roller clutch, the body, and the line roller from water intrusion. Couple this with the use of Hagane Gear which uses state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to produce an incredible durable gear system and you have a spinning reel that can take whatever you throw at it and continue to perform, all without breaking the bank.
Shimano Technology Found In Nasci Reels :
- CoreProtect - The concept of CoreProtect is simple – to provide exceptional water resistance without creating any additional rotational resistance on the retrieve. The reel is treated at key areas such as the roller clutch, body, and line roller to resist water intrusion.
- G-Free Body - G-Free Body technology enables the reel’s center of gravity to be moved closer to the center of the reel seat, and therefore the anglers hand position. This shift in weight and balance helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Hagane Gear - Boasting amazing strength and durability, Hagane Gear is a process in which the gearing is calculated in minute detail and cold forged instead of being cut. This application of state-of-the-art technologies gives the angler reel smoothness from the first use through years of enjoyment.
- Super Stopper - Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing to eliminate back-play in the reel and provide the angler with instant power when setting the hook.
- X-Ship - By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear remains in precise alignment with the drive gear and stays in the same position under even the heaviest of loads. This eliminates friction between the spool shaft and gear which translates to better casting performance and increased gear durability.
- Price, lightweight, nice gold color to match a battalion II inshore
- None really unless you just had your twinpower in your hands
- Light and price is nice
- Not as sophisticated as Twinpower or Vanford if you have been spoiled on those
- price is very good for quality
- - CoreProtect for brackish water
- - Smooth cast & retrieve
- - Sturdy with X-Ship dual bearings
- - Smooth drag
- Light, long casting, smooth, semi-sealed.
- Should have saved my money on the Stradic FL, and got 2 more of these...
- Inexpensive ,
- Sloppy with a lot of play
- price, quality
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!