Shimano OCEAJG2000NRHG Ocea Jigger Star Drag Conventional Reel
Shimano's flagship jigging reel combines multiple cutting edge technologies to provide never-before-seen rotational torque and cranking power.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve Per Crank||Braided Line Capacity|
Making use of the industries' most advanced manufacturing practices, the Shimano Ocea Jigger Star Drag Conventional Reels were built for the jigging enthusiast looking for the ultimate in unbridled performance. The Ocea Jigger offers unprecedented cranking power thanks to a multitude of features. Equipped with Shimano's cutting edge Infinity Drive technology, a new main shaft supporting structure is utilized to reduce friction with the pinion gear, resulting in greatly improved rotational torque. Rotational torque is also enhanced by an adjustable long crank handle to provide the angler with superior leverage over heavy loads. With two different adjustable handle positions, anglers can choose from positions that enhance either speed or power to better suit their jigging application. A buttery smooth retrieve is ensured with MicroModule gear. The X-Protect feature enhances durability and preserves that out-of-the-box effortless rotation by utilizing a labyrinth construction that channels water away from key internal components, combined with a water repellant coating. Housing the Ocea Jigger's internal components is a compact aluminum frame that is both lightweight and easily palmable, putting unparalleled fish fighting power in a package that is comfortable to use and will reduce angler fatigue during long jigging sessions.
- Two position adjustable long crank handle offers all day jigging comfort
- Exciting drag sound allows anglers to know when they are in jeopardy of pulling hooks or breaking off
- Auto-Clutch return to easily bring the reel in and out of freespool and react quickly to bites
- Spool lock allows anglers to more safely break off when they snag bottom
- New trouble free drag star design which allows for easy adjustment
- EI coating on the spool surface in order to prevent corrosion
- HG and PG gear ratios to properly pair with various jigging styles
- Shimano's best-in-class S-ARB bearings to provide long lasting performance
Shimano Technology Found In Shimano Ocea Jigger Star Drag Conventional Reels:
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to it's stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler's actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength.
- Micro Module Gear - State-of-the-art gear design makes use of smaller gear teeth and more of them, which results in a more efficient gear train and much smoother retrieve.
- Infinity Drive - Through the use of new main shaft supporting structure to eliminate friction within the pinion gear, reels with Infinity Drive achieve increased winding torque, along with an incredibly smooth and light rotation under heavy loads.
- Exciting Drag Sound - Produces an audible drag sound to provide the angler with better feedback when a fish makes a run.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano's A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- E.I. - Shimano's proprietary treatment on the spool and body that allows for advanced corrosion resistance that's more than twice as effective as the conventional surface treatment.
- X-Protect - By combining a water repellant coating and a specially designed water channeling labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without adding weight or sacrificing light rotor rotation.
- compacto y fuerte (compact and strong)
- Light weight and durable.
- Strong, corrosion resistant, reliable, scratch resistant, good water resistant, super comfortable, great line capacity etc.
- Super freaking expensive but you get what you pay for?
- Its a Shimano and its expensive but its worth every penny.
- None, u pay for what you get and you get it here !
- Smooth powerful
- Smooth and powerful. Star drag has more click stops than a Trinidad. Compact and light.
- 5 more lbs of drag would be nice, though you’re fine without it. EVA ball knob handle would be a nice option for those using this for tog and not slow pitch fishing.
Performance specs: 10
Shimano of course! Techology is included fo free!!
It will last a lifetime if you take care of it, it is meant for the big fights!!!!
- Shimano tech!!
- None yet!!!
- Not cheap but you get for what you pay for, right!!!!!
- Everything said above
- SMOOTH SMOOTH SMOOTH.
- DRAG COULD BE A. LIL STONGER
- A beast in a small package!
- Cant find one don’t waste your time looking for!
- great inches per crank
- enough drag to stop big fish
- looks awesome
- light weight
- handle winding and closing bail on a cast
casting surface irons. Is it made for that?
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!