Shimano SLXMGL70HG SLX MGL 70 Baitcasting Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Line Per Handle Turn||Mono Capacity|
Bringing a tournament-ready finesse baitcaster into the popular lineup of SLX reels, the Shimano SLX MGL 70 Baitcasting Reels provide precision castability at a fantastic value. Equipped with a shallow, lightweight MGL II Spool, the SLX MGL 70 specializes in light line applications and helps anglers overcome the challenge of casting lightweight lures on baitcasting gear. The MGL II Spool requires less start-up energy due to decreased inertia and results in longer casts with reduced effort. With this technology, anglers can better utilize baitcasting gear for applications that were previously considered spinning tackle techniques. Not limited to just finesse fishing, the SLX MGL 70 is the perfect reel for anglers who have smaller hands, or for anyone who anyone willing to sacrifice line capacity for comfortable palmability and reduced weight. The MGL II Spool is equally as efficient at casting heavier lures, allowing this compact baitcaster to shine as the workhorse of your arsenal. Just like the rest of the SLX family, the MGL 70 is built around a rigid HAGANE body that houses Shimano's Cross Carbon Drag system, allowing you to put the brakes on big bass with confidence despite the reel's smaller stature. With the use of the easily adjustable SVS Infinity centrifugal braking, the perfect cast is always attainable regardless of conditions.
Shimano Technology Found In SLX MGL 70 Baitcasting Reels:
- Hagane Body - A reel body with high rigidity, which virtually eliminates body flexing due to its stiffness and impact resistance. The result? An angler’s actions are more efficiently transformed into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- MGL II Spool - Lightweight spool design significantly reduces the moment of inertia, allowing the angler to experience greater casting distance and accuracy with a wide variety of lures.
- SVS Infinity - Provides easy to manage, consistent spool control and brake force that is easily adjusted as conditions change. Brake weights use inner friction against the raceway during the cast for precision casting even when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides quick, precise adjustments on the fly for when conditions or baits change.
- Cross Carbon Drag - Allows for a wider range of drag settings, enhanced drag washer durability, and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- Shimano Stable Spool Design (S3D) - S3D Technology utilizes a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum spool to significantly reduce spool vibration and increase smoothness when casting and retrieving.
- Super Free Spool - SFS was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. The pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, which keeps the gear in perfect alignment with the spool shaft to eliminate friction for longer casts and smoother operation.
- S A-RB Bearings - These bearings undergo the same anti-corrosion process as Shimano’s A-RB Bearings, with the addition of shields on both sides of the bearings to reduce the possibility of salt, dirt, or other foreign objects inhibiting the bearing’s rotation.
- Shimano quality and smoothness.
- Smooth, casting distance, light lures
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!