Shimano ULCI45500XSB Ultegra CI4 Plus XSB Surf Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping: NO CODE NECESSARY (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
- CI4+ construction
- Shimano instant drag
- Slow oscillation
- Aero Wrap II
- Casting distance, great drag, light reel, holds lots of lines
- Casts really, really far.
- Lightweight, heavy duty construction, cast distance
- Excellent line mgt. Great distance caster, Durability Lightweight Powerful "Feel".
- Be careful with the drag system, does take much! Not sealed :-(
- holds a lot of lines
- a little bulky
- Smooth, light weight, great price, lovely linelay, good drag, will help you cast a mile.
- Not sealed
I gave it 4 stars out of 5 because it is line and casts great but they market it as a surf reel and I dont think it would handle sand as well as say the new Spheros.
- Excellent line mgt. Great distance caster.
- Too delicate to use during inclement weather off the surf where you are getting hit with waves full of sand.
- Lightweight, casting distance and two spare spools
- Possible to lose advantage of line lay due to misalignment over time
- none yet
But! I wish I had a chance to get better acquainted with the new sensitive drag. Today I hooked a Tarpon about a hundred yards out. Even in Florida hooking a Tarpon in the surf is a real experience that , believe me, doesn't happen every day. The fish took off like a rocket pulling line off at an unbelievable rate. I decided to tighten up the drag forgetting in the moment that the drag goes from basically nothing to full lock down in about half a turn or so. I went from about 20% drag to 100% in a half second and of course the line snapped.
It's a great reel (despite my profanity at the time). I recommend it, but the drag takes a whole lotta getting used to. Some things are better off left alone.
- Good high quality reel that does what it says it will.
- Do I really have to answer this. Be careful with the drag!
- best surf reel your money can buy the 3 spools are a big plus and the drag is smooth and powerful
- shimano please lose the anti reverse they are a thing of the past HAHAHAHA
- Bulky looking
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!