St Croix AVSS120HMF2 Avid Series Surf Spinning Rod
St. Croix Avid Series Surf rods are built on St. Croix's unique SCIII graphite. Avid Surf rods feature Fuji's K-Series concept tangle-free guides and designed to give anglers their maximum cast possible. Avid Surf spinning & casting rods are the standard for surf rods.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $50 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
- High-modulus SCIIIgraphite and SCIIW woven graphite.
- Specialized taper designs for unequalled casting distance.
- Lightweight aluminum-oxide surf guides.
- Fuji's unique "tangle-free" tip top with Alconite ring.
- Fuji DPS reel seat/gun-smoke hoods.
- Custom cork tape handle.
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish.
- Lifetime warranty backed by unmatched St. Croix service.
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
Action is very fast- so you loose the ability to purely buck tail, but great multi use for swim baits, swimmers, Danny’s and top water plugs.
It is listed as a fast action- so listen to what they say
- Excellent warranty.
- Not enough time to use it more.
- Good for light and ultralight lures in the surf. Nice components. Nice finish.
- Cork tape on butt section, which is typical for Avid series rods, just results in a butt section that is not beefy enough. Another layer of cork tape would have been good; I might apply my own.
- Lightweight,feels good when casting and reeling in.
- None yet
- Durable and can be absolutely put to work. Will cast heavy weight very well.
- Wish this setup came with an Aluminum reel seat option.
I put a Abu Garcia Beast on the rod and created a very balanced set up. The rod loads with 2 ozs. without breaking a sweat, and handles up to 4 oz's very well.
The rod looks gorgeous, beautiful red finish that proudly shows its American made quality .
I highly recommend this rod !
- Great construction and looks
- Still winter
- Sealed everywhere. Candy paint is beautiful. Cork tape handle is nice. Plenty of back bone
- None yet.
- Great quality. nice color. strong well made
DONT GET THIS MODEL GET THE OTHER ONE WITH DIFFERENT MATERIAL AT BOTTOM.
- great rod blank
- great guides
- real seat is bad
- the material at bottom of rod is horrible
- Casting weight rating, Action and Power, Casting Ability, Made in the USA
The handle is also way too skinny after popping a popper or jigging a bucktail it will feel like your hand is going to fall off.
- great performance
- Difficult to transport due to it's very long breakdown size.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!