Building on the success of the HX851, Standard Horizon brings on another level in safety and performance in a marine floating handheld VHF/GPS.
Standard's HX870 floating, Class D, DSC VHF handheld features a 66-channel WAAS GPS receiver allowing the radio to transmit a DSC distress call with your vessels position or navigate to a waypoint. The oversized full dot matrix LCD and easy to operate icon/menu system makes this the most intuitive handheld on the market: DSC calling, position sharing, waypoint and route navigation, navigation to DSC distress call can all be performed with jsut a few simple steps making the HX870 perfect for everyday use or adding to your ditch bag.
The radio is designed to be a work horse, starting with the die-cast chassis and the IPX8 submersible waterproof rating of 4.92 feet for 30 minutes, to the 6 watts of transmit power and the long lasting 1800 mAh Li-Ion
The HX870 is also capable of entering and saving up to 200 waypoints and 20 routes, which may be selected for navigating to via the radios unique compass page which shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint. The compass page can also display the position of up to 9 vessels in proximity to you via the GM (Group Monitoring) feature.
Advanced features include: Full dot matrix display with channel names, position request and position report, 10 channel preset key selection, USB data port, GPS position logger, water activated SOS strobe light (the radio will turn on and flash SOS even if dropped in the water while the radio is turned off), NOAA Weather with Weather Alert, programmable memory and priority scan, dual and tri watch scan functions. The HX870 is supplied with a high capacity 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery, 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargers and an alkaline battery tray (AAAx5). The HX870 is back by an industry leading 3-year waterproof warranty.
- Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digial Selective Calling)
- Separate Receiver for CH70 (Receiving DSC Calls)
- Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS receiver
- Oversized full dot matrix display (1.7" W x 1.7" H or 2.3" diagonal)
- Easy to operate icon/menu system
- Navigate to a DSC Distress Call with Compass Page
- GM (Group Monitor) using DSC Group Position Call
- DSC Test Call and Auto DSC Channel Change Selection
- Automatically poll the GPS position of a ship using DSC
- Enter, Save and Navigate to a waypoint with Compass Page
- MOB (Man Overboard) function
- Water activated emergency strobe light
- 6 Watt transmit power
- Navigation (LAT/LOM, SOG and COG) information shown on display
- Noise-cancelling function for both transmit and receive audio
- All USA/International and Canadian Marine Channels
- USB Data Port - NMEA Output DSC, DSE, GLL, RMC, GSA, GSV and GGA (9600 baud)
- NOAA Weather Channel with Weather Alert
- Programmable scan, priority scan and dual and tri watch
- Preset key use to recall up to 10 favorite channels
- Supplied with a 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery, 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargers, Alkaline battery tray