Temple Fork Outfitters Gary Loomis Tactical Series Travel Rods
Gary Loomis' GTS Travel Rods are easy to travel with and cover a wide range of fishing conditions: from light surf to jetties, bass in the Northeast to salmon in the Northwest.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with Code: WRECK75 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|MAG ML||8-17||1/2 - 2||7.5||Xfast||$249.95 USD|
|MAG M||10-20||3/4 - 3||8.0||Xfast||$249.95 USD|
|MAG MH||12-25||1 - 4||8.2||Xfast||$249.95 USD|
|GTS TRS 884-4|
|MAG M||10-20||3/4 - 3||8.1||Xfast||$249.95 USD|
|GTS Spin Fly Pack Rod||8'|
|L||4-8||1/16 - 1/4||-||M-Fast||$149.95 USD|
By utilizing a new proprietary scrim in conjunction with TFO's high modulus carbon fiber blank material, Gary was able to save weight and increase sensitivity without sacrificing strength. GTS Bass blanks are tastefully finished; simply polished, with a thin layer of matte clear coat to enhance the natural luster of the fibers, TFO's trademark Color ID Split grip is further complemented by a two-piece reel seat and a natural cork ring split grip.
GTS rods are topped with TFO's proprietary Tactical Series guides, machined stainless steel inserts are super-hard chrome anodized then swaged into a chromium-impregnated stainless frame. What does this all mean? Super hard, super slick, saltwater safe and no more lost fishing time due to lost inserts...and they're 30% lighter than standard SiC guides.
- All I expected of the ultralight spinning concept
- The goofy reel rings
- High quality medium heavy 8'8" rod, quality graphite with strong butt and sensitive tip - a masterpiece as a rod generally - ADD to that it packs in 4 pieces - easy traveler.
Not good (I returned it today) - the tip section is a fly rod tip section with snakes and a loop tip guide, the middle two pieces are spinning rod like with Fuji guides - the butt section is like a fly rod's (short) but with rings for variable positioning of the reel. It might be OK for fly fishing but the butt is too short to balance a spinning reel on - I have several 4-piece fly rods so this is no good to me. This rod is supposed to be a fly/spin tool but it is too compromised to be ideal for either function in my opinion. Will keep search for a longish 4 pc light spinning rod.
This said - the other Temple Fork Rods I have are EXCELLENT - this one is an exception.
- In a pinch, might be usable as either a fly and spinning rod in one item.
- This rod is supposed to be a fly/spin tool but it is too compromised to be much good for either function in my opinion, due to the odd mixture of fly rod butt and tip sections, and spinning middle sections - when opening the rod bag it appears like you have got pieces of two different rods mixed up in the same package. I returned for store credit.
- Can carry on plane.
- Fits in overhead.
- Holds up when you have big fish on.
- Cast's well
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!