FREE ECONOMY SHIPPING On Orders Over $200 w/ Coupon: FALL15
Limited Time Only - Expires 10/31
Hogys are big - maybe bigger than the soft plastics you're used to fishing. Hogys have been successfully tested all over the country and abroad, by the Hogy Lure Co. and by professionals and recreational fisherman, on dozens of fresh and saltwater species.
This monster is quickly gaining popularity with anglers looking to mimic very large eels, or anything else long and snaky! They are so long, they actually swim with a double bend when worked properly. You'll be amazed how much they look like an eel. As a casting bait, The 14 inch Hogy is most effective when fished with the tip of the rod pointed toward the water and twitched as the bait is retrieved. For the angler who prefers to troll, the bait will really come to life if its twitched.
Original Hogy Tandem Quick Rigs are designed to withstand even school sized blue fin tuna. They are made with heavy monofilament and crimps. The hooks used are from Eagle Claw’s Lazer™ heavy duty live bait series. Not only are they indestructible, the heavy nature of the hooks serves as an excellent keel for the Hogy, ensuring superior action, even in surf.
14 Inch Hogy: Long Profile, Slinky Action, Ultimate Attractor
Hogy Lure Co Recommendations by Species
- Function: Plain and simple, the 14 inch Hogy is a Big Fish bait. Though the 14 inch Hogy is a perfect imitator of big eels and snakes, its sinuous action will drive fish crazy. It's the "Ultimate Attractor!
- Action: When fished with short rod twitches, there is pretty much no way around sending a rolling "S" formation through the bait. If you're trolling with the 14" Hogy, the bait will literally quiver as it makes its way behind the boat.
Video - See the 14 Inch Hogy In Action
- Largemouth Bass: Black, Purple, Amber.
- Striped Bass: Black, Bubble Gum, Red Wine.
- Musky: Black, Black Pearl, Bone.
- Marlin: Black, Chartreuse, Bone.
- Tarpon: Black, Bone, Amber.
- Cobia: Black, Chartreuse and Amber.
- Black: Black is, by far, the favorite of most anglers for nighttime and low light conditions. It is Hogy's best selling color. Works everywhere!
- Bubble Gum: No one is quite sure why bubble gum works so well, but it's HOT! It is an excellent daytime attractor color and a favorite of striper anglers in the Northeast.
- Bone: A great herring/bunker hue and catches fish just about anywhere. Also, a very popular color for school-sized bluefin tuna.
- Amber: Its natural color also lends itself well to many conditions. Amber is close to the natural color of squid, a food source for gamefish around the world. The amber 7-inch Hogy has proven to be an absolute killer on false albacore from Cape Cod to Montauk to the Outer Banks.
- Purple:One of Hogy's all time favorite specialty colors and a major go-to color during the summer months at sunset and sunrise - a great color for the transition periods when light levels are low.
- Black Pearl: A great two-tone color pattern that consistently catches fish just about anywhere.
- Chartreuse: Probably the most popular attractor color on the market today and extremely effective for southern saltwater species.
- Red Wine: A dark red color that imitates eels, large marine worms and other forage.
Overall Rating for 14 Inch Original Hogy
|(based on 1 review)|
Stars based on
Rishon Le Zion, Israel
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Looks and feels like a live eal
October 2, 2014
Looks and feels like a live eal
14 Inch Original Hogy