- Function: The 7" Hogy is equally popular with fresh and salt water anglers and was designed to replicate smaller, wounded baitfish. Weighing nearly 1/2 ounces unrigged, it is designed for superior casting distance when compared to other soft plastics. It's wider profile is designed to elicit strikes from larger game fish.
- Action: The 7" Hogy is designed to "walk the dog" with perfection. This bait also fishes well on smaller jigs. Its buoyant nature enables a walk the dog action even on small jigs.
Video - See the 7 Inch Hogy In Action
- Largemouth Bass: All colors, 7/0 Worm Hooks.
- Striped Bass: All Colors, 7/0 Worm Hooks, Grip Hooks, Hogy Tin.
- Snook: Black, Chartreuse and Bone: 7/0 Worm Hook, 6/0 Grip Hook.
- Tarpon: Amber, Bone, Black, 7/0 Worm Hook, 6/0 Grip Hook.
- Redfish: Amber, Bone, Chartreuse, 7/0 Worm Hook.
- False Albacore and Bonito: Amber, Amber, Amber! 7/0 Worm Hook, 6/0 Grip Hook.
- Black: Black is, by far, the favorite of most anglers for nighttime and low light conditions. It is Hogy's best selling color. Works everywhere!
- Bubble Gum: No one is quite sure why bubble gum works so well, but it's HOT! It is an excellent daytime attractor color and a favorite of striper anglers in the Northeast.
- Bone: A great herring/bunker hue and catches fish just about anywhere. Also, a very popular color for school-sized bluefin tuna.
- Amber: Its natural color also lends itself well to many conditions. Amber is close to the natural color of squid, a food source for gamefish around the world. The amber 7-inch Hogy has proven to be an absolute killer on false albacore from Cape Cod to Montauk to the Outer Banks.
- Purple:One of Hogy's all time favorite specialty colors and a major go-to color during the summer months at sunset and sunrise - a great color for the transition periods when light levels are low.
- Black Pearl: A great two-tone color pattern that consistently catches fish just about anywhere.
- Chartreuse: Probably the most popular attractor color on the market today and extremely effective for southern saltwater species.