Avet EXW 80/2 Two-Speed Lever Drag Big Game Reel
|Retrieve||Line Class||Mono Capacity|
|Inches Per Crank||Spool Width||Weight|
|H: 39 in.|
L: 19 in.
|3-7/8 in.||103 oz.||Select Color||$749.99 USD|
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- Topless frames on select models.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable pre-set and strike stop button to prevent accidental advancement to full drag.
- Precision machined stainless steel gear transmissions featuring Avet's user friendly quick shift mechanism.
- Reliable DUAL DISCAvedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- Alarm clicker.
- Large, comfortable, ergonomically angled handle knob.
- Stainless steel harness lugs.
- T-Bar knob.
- Heavy duty, ultra tough design .
- Designed, machined and assembled in USA.
- EX 30/2, EXW 30/2, EX 50/2, EX 80/2 Frame Style: Topless
- EXW 50/2, EXW 80/2 Frame Style: Cross-bar
- EX 30/2, EXW 30/2 Reel diameter: 3-3/4 in.
- EX 50/2, EXW 50/2 Reel diameter: 4-3/8 in.
- EX 80/2, EXW 80/2 Reel diameter: 5-1/2 in.
San Antonio, Texas
Broken Drag Adjustment Knob
May 12, 2014
Upon receiving my reel, a few things in particular stood out to me. 1. The box the reel came in was not sealed. (I expected a plastic cover, but maybe that is actually how it is supposed to come.) 2. The reel itself was very dusty. (This is what led me to believe that at one point and time there was a plastic cover, and somewhere along the line it was removed.) 3. There was no owners manual included with the reel. However this is my first time purchasing an Avet and therefor I do not know if they include a manual. Whether it was removed by Tackle Direct or not included by Avet, either way it was a big inconvenience and made the company look much more unprofessional then it originally seemed. (Whether it is Tackle Directs fault or Avets) 4. AFTER spooling my avet with over $150 in a braid/mono combination, I come to find out that there is a problem with the drag adjustment knob. For those who do not know, reels do not come with the proper drag amount already set. You must use a knob on the side of the reel (while in free spool) to increase or decrease the amount of drag at "strike". Without the adjustment knob working I can not increase my drag. It is currently sitting at about 24lbs drag at MAX. No where near the amount I need for the shark fishing that I do. Since my discovery of this problem I have contacted Avet in hope of some guidance to fix the adjustment knob. I have yet to hear back. Until either Tackle Direct or Avet assumes responsibility and resolves this issue, my $750 reel is an oversized paperweight and a reminder of the poor state that either Avet or Tackle Direct allowed there product to be sold in. Oh, and not to mention the $150 in fishing line that will go to waste if the reel has to be replaced. I'm sure this is a "rare" incident because I have seen other buyers of this same reel rave about its quality and functionality. However for me on this rare occasion, my avet is a piece of junk.
Pros:-Holds lots of line -Very beautiful reel -Loud clicker
Cons:-No owners manual -Drag adjustment knob broken -Reel box was not sealed -Reel was dirty (dusty) -Avet has yet to respond to my complaints
Shipments within the contiguous 48 states in the USA:
TackleDirect is currently offering FREE Shipping and Handling on all orders over $200.00 with a valid coupon code via Economy within the contiguous 48 states in the USA. If you prefer faster shipping, please select any of the service levels listed below. Shipping costs are calculated in both the shopping cart and during the checkout process. Fishing rods, gaffs, antennas, coolers and any other oversize, bulky, and multiple package shipments may require additional charges. Most in-stock items are shipped the same day, if ordered by 2:00 PM ET on a business day. Tracking numbers and status are available through the TackleDirect Order Status Page.
Shipping Rates for Orders within the Contiguous 48 states in the USA:
|In-Transit Days*||1 to 4||2 to 7||1 to 5||3||2||1|
|$0.01 - 25.00||$3.99 & Up
Only available on select small and light weight items and orders.
$19.49 & Up
$20.49 & Up
Shipping cost for 2 Day Service is calculated in your shopping cart based on the weight, dimensions and destination of your order.
$21.49 & Up
|$25.01 - 50.00||$4.99||$8.49|
|$50.01 - 75.00||$7.99||$10.49|
|$75.01 - 100.00||$9.99||$12.49|
|$100.01 - 150.00||$10.99||$14.49|
|$150.01 - 200.00||$11.99||$16.49|
|$200.01 - 300.00||
|* In-Transit Days are business days from ship date. Additional charges may apply for fishing rods, oversized, and/or multiple package express shipments.|
Shipments outside the contiguous 48 states in the USA:
Shipping costs will be calculated in your shopping cart in real-time based on the country, location, billable weight, and package dimensions of your total order.
- 1 Day Service and 2 Day Service shipments must provide a valid street address as some carriers cannot deliver to a P.O. Box. Your order may ship either USPS, UPS or FedEx for these service levels.
- Hazardous merchandise cannot be expedited or shipped internationally. A hazardous charge may be applied for ground shipping.
- Orders containing hazardous items and orders over $1000 will require a signature upon delivery.
- A $7.00 Tube Fee will be added on certain fishing rods, antennas and other items 6 feet and over in length. Only one Tube Fee charge will occur per order regardless of the number of long items being ordered.
- APO/FPO/MPO shipping is provided through USPS. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Most backordered items will ship via USPS or Economy service levels unless otherwise specified by the customer.
If you are not satisfied for any reason you may return new and unused items in the original box with all accessories within 30 days for an exchange or refund to the credit card account charged, less any shipping fees incurred by the seller or purchaser. Special orders are not returnable. In order to receive a refund, all merchandise must possess the original manufacturer tags and identification stickers. Defective merchandise shall be returned directly to the manufacturer under their return policy; we can help you with that. All returns must be insured and postage prepaid. Please, clearly print/type your name and address on the outside of the package. Merchandise must include a copy of our invoice or packing slip. Shipping and Handling is non-refundable. There are no returns or credit available on pre-spooled line. Tackle Direct reserves the sole right to refuse the return of any item in which the purchaser has made previous multiple returns or if the product has been used. In addition, we will not accept orders from customers that have demonstrated a high incidence of returns after purchase.
Please contact us to receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number prior to returning the merchandise.
|TackleDirect Returns Dept.
6825 Tilton Road, Bldg C
Egg Harbor Twp, NJ 08234-4426