Avet EXW 80/2 Two-Speed Lever Drag Big Game Reel
|Retrieve||Line Class||Mono Capacity|
|Inches Per Crank||Spool Width||Weight|
|H: 39 in.|
L: 19 in.
|3-7/8 in.||103 oz.||Select Color||$749.99 USD|
Avet EX Reel Features:
- Precision machined 6061 T-6 marine grade aluminum and stainless steel components.
- Anodized for superior corrosion resistance and beautiful finish.
- Topless frames on select models.
- Powerful lever drag system with adjustable pre-set and strike stop button to prevent accidental advancement to full drag.
- Precision machined stainless steel gear transmissions featuring Avet's user friendly quick shift mechanism.
- Reliable DUAL DISCAvedrag dry carbon fiber drags for superior stopping power, smoothness and wear resistance.
- Alarm clicker.
- Large, comfortable, ergonomically angled handle knob.
- Stainless steel harness lugs.
- T-Bar knob.
- Heavy duty, ultra tough design .
- Designed, machined and assembled in USA.
- EX 30/2, EXW 30/2, EX 50/2, EX 80/2 Frame Style: Topless
- EXW 50/2, EXW 80/2 Frame Style: Cross-bar
- EX 30/2, EXW 30/2 Reel diameter: 3-3/4 in.
- EX 50/2, EXW 50/2 Reel diameter: 4-3/8 in.
- EX 80/2, EXW 80/2 Reel diameter: 5-1/2 in.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
Amazing reel would recomend to anyone
February 28, 2016
I purchased a avet exw 80 from tackle direct and this was my first avet purchase. The drag is so smooth its unreal, line capicity is a little extreme but for the shark fishing i do its exactly what i needed. I have made several purchases from tackle direct and there great people to do business with i recomend them to everyone i can!
Pros:Amazing quality 5 out of 5 stars al day long very loud clicker, super strong drag, and extreemly durable frame!
Cons:Only cons whith this reel is they were out of stock of the color blue i wanted so i settled with gold because the had a gold one on the shelfs
San Antonio, Texas
Broken Drag Adjustment Knob
May 12, 2014
Upon receiving my reel, a few things in particular stood out to me. 1. The box the reel came in was not sealed. (I expected a plastic cover, but maybe that is actually how it is supposed to come.) 2. The reel itself was very dusty. (This is what led me to believe that at one point and time there was a plastic cover, and somewhere along the line it was removed.) 3. There was no owners manual included with the reel. However this is my first time purchasing an Avet and therefor I do not know if they include a manual. Whether it was removed by Tackle Direct or not included by Avet, either way it was a big inconvenience and made the company look much more unprofessional then it originally seemed. (Whether it is Tackle Directs fault or Avets) 4. AFTER spooling my avet with over $150 in a braid/mono combination, I come to find out that there is a problem with the drag adjustment knob. For those who do not know, reels do not come with the proper drag amount already set. You must use a knob on the side of the reel (while in free spool) to increase or decrease the amount of drag at "strike". Without the adjustment knob working I can not increase my drag. It is currently sitting at about 24lbs drag at MAX. No where near the amount I need for the shark fishing that I do. Since my discovery of this problem I have contacted Avet in hope of some guidance to fix the adjustment knob. I have yet to hear back. Until either Tackle Direct or Avet assumes responsibility and resolves this issue, my $750 reel is an oversized paperweight and a reminder of the poor state that either Avet or Tackle Direct allowed there product to be sold in. Oh, and not to mention the $150 in fishing line that will go to waste if the reel has to be replaced. I'm sure this is a "rare" incident because I have seen other buyers of this same reel rave about its quality and functionality. However for me on this rare occasion, my avet is a piece of junk.
Pros:-Holds lots of line -Very beautiful reel -Loud clicker
Cons:-No owners manual -Drag adjustment knob broken -Reel box was not sealed -Reel was dirty (dusty) -Avet has yet to respond to my complaints