Donnmar Checkpoint CP850EX Stainless Pliers
|Stainless Steel Pliers||$134.99 USD|
Donnmar Checkpoint CP850EX Stainless Plier
- Constructed from 17-4 Stainless Steel.
- Non-slip rubber grips molded integral with handle.
- Replaceable line cutters consist of anvil and cutter, both constructed of tungsten carbide and diamond ground for sharpness. Cuts new technology fiber braided lines, up to four-hundred-fifty pound monofilament, as well as one-hundred-eighty pound stainless line.
- Sleeve bearing is machined from solid brass and is electroless nickel plated to give years of corrosion protection with non-seizure operation.
- The CP850EX Pliers weigh five ounces, are three eights of an inch thick and measure six and one half inches in total length.
- The jaws are alloyed with titanium carbide for an excellent grip without damaging the hook.
- A custom fitted Cordura™ sheath is supplied with pliers.
- The CP850EX has channel cut grooves machined into the jaws and an internally mounted return spring.
5 Stars based on 3 reviews
Boca Raton, Florida
May 25, 2016
I have owned these pliers for at least fifteen years. I was given them as a gift, and I keep them on the boat, in the open, and use them whenever I fish. They have never rusted despite use and abuse in saltwater and humid conditions in all that time. Frankly, they are amazing pliers to have lasted so long. Looking for new replacement blades, mine are a bit dull after almost two decades of use.
ProsNever rusted in over 15 years. Best damn fishing pliers I've ever used.
ConsBlades have gotten dull after 15 years. Other than that, no cons.
New York, NY
December 24, 2014
I bought these because I thought they would be more durable than the aluminum pliers with the steel inserts for the jaws. So far they have performed beautifully. They're a bit heavier than VS, but I couldn't justify spending 3x as much for VS pliers.
10+ years of use
February 4, 2014
Didn't realize how much I spent on these lol. These are the cheapest ones they make but are well worth it. My dad's 900 series went over board recently and rather than replace them with a cheap pair he went back and got the same donmars to fill his leather sheath now his are feathered like mine :p
ProsGreat design High quality Never rust Nice nylon and Velcro case
1 Question & 1 Answer
from St. Augustine, FL asked:
November 10, 2014
Where can I order replacement line cutters?
Hello Jeff. Replacement cutters can be ordered direct from Donnmar Enterprises. They can be reached at (315)896-2606. Please feel free to contact us if you have any more questions!
on November 10, 2014
Our Price: $12.00
Our Price: $299.95
Our Price: $319.95
Our Price: $239.99
Our Price: $25.99