Okuma Solterra Lever Drag Reels
The Solterra is Okuma’s broadest line of lever drag reels, with applications from Alaska to Panama and Hawaii to Maine.
$139.99 - $189.99
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve||Max Drag @ Full||Max Drag @ Strike||Bearings||Weight||Price|
|High speed; open top frame||460/15|
|6.0:1||42''||22-lbs||15-lbs||5HPB+1RB||23.0 oz.||$139.99 USD|
|3.5:1||32''||33-lbs||26-lbs||5-HPB||39.5 oz.||$189.99 USD|
|4.2:1||29''||22-lbs||15-lbs||5HPB+1RB||24.2 oz.||$149.99 USD|
|4.2:1||29''||22-lbs||15-lbs||5HPB+1RB||25.5 oz.||$149.99 USD|
Okuma Solterra is Okuma's broadest line of lever drag reels, with applications from Alaska to Panama and Hawaii to Maine. Building on a base of stainless steel main gears, pinion gears and spool shaft, Solterra's extend outward with anodized aluminum spools and durable, corrosion resistant frames. Models begin at size 10 and continue through 50-wide, delivering an angler-driven selection of single-speed, two-speed, open top, trolling and levelwind models that anticipate every application.
Solterra Reels feature:
- Stainless steel main gears, pinion gears and shafts
- Durable corrosion resistant frame and side plates
- Stainless steel reinforcing side plate rings
- Forged aluminum, gold anodized spool
- Carbonite drag system with Cal's universal drag grease
- Double-dog, proprietary silent anti-reverse
- Dual anti-reverse system on all 10/15 sizes
- Ratcheting drag lever for precise drag setting
- Stainless steel Body Armor reduces frame flex, 20-50W models
- Patented T-Bar handle with Easy Roll graphite insert, 20-50W models
- Ergo grip comfort handle on all 10/15 models
- Low profile On/Off clicker with stainless steel wishbone
- Strong Arm Levelwind: Stainless steel with Ti coating, ''L'' models
- Solterra lever drag reels are backed by a 1-year warranty
By Bill M
Okuma SLR-20L Solterra Levelwind Lever Drag
June 10, 2016
Purchased 2 Used reel while fishing for grouper using 80lb mono. Reel has really good crank and handle this provides user with ability to apply very good torque and pressure on fish. This is very important when fishing for grouper or other bottom fish that when caught will try to go back into a hole preventing angler from being able to bring fish to surface.
ProsGreat handle Great length on crank, great or applying pressure Great capacity, reel spool is big similar to Penn 50W Ratio is good Can retrieve line fast and still have good torque Excellent drag system Levelwind very good for those wanting to just concentrate on retrieving fish and without worry about line on spool. Excellent choice for experienced and less experienced fisherman and fisherwomen as well as youth because of levelwind and leverdrag
ConsLevelwind can be harder to remove rats nests, common on all levelwind
pompton plains, NJ
August 24, 2015
love this reel and you cant beat the price. okuma stepped up its game
June 20, 2013
this reel is great it has a nice solid construction and a loud clicker. I used the 50w for sharking at night from the surf.
Prossmooth drag, solid construction, loud clicker, and easy maintenance.