Shimano Talica 2 Speed Lever Drag Reels
High Speed and Power, Compact Design with Excellent Live-Bait Castability
$499.99 - $1,199.99
|Mono Line Capacity|
|Power Pro Capacity|
|Full Max Drag||Strike Max Drag||S A-RB Bearings||Gear Ratio High||Gear Ratio Low||Weight||Price|
The Shimano Talica 2 Speed Lever Drag Reels are high speed, compact lever drags with powerful gears and drag curves. These reels were designed for fly-lining live baits or chunks into the chum line on Long Range stand-up tuna boats, utilizing PowerPro with short top shots. Small Reel - Big Fish! The TAC8II and TAC10II were designed for fishing 40-50lb PowerPro with a 30-40 Fluorocarbon leader (up to 13 lbs of drag at strike and 20 lbs at full), whereas the TAC12II and TAC16II were designed for fishing 65lb-80lb PowerPro with a 60lb-80lb Fluorocarbon top shots (up to 22lbs of drag at strike and 40 lbs. at full).
Shimano Talica II Lever Drag Reels Features
- Compact, High Speed, Castable Lever Drag, with High Capacity
- E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme corrosion protection
- 2 year warranty with online registration
- One-Piece Cold Forged and Machined Aluminum Frame with E.I.
- Machined Aluminum Handle-Side Sideplate with E.I.
- Cold Forged Machined Aluminum Spool with E.I.
- Lightweight Spool with Greaseless Support Bearings for excellent live-bait castability
- Topless Design
- Oversized Carbon Drag Washers for Ultra-High Drag Pressures
- Waterproof Drag (when engaged)
- Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse
- Ergonomic Power Handle
- Ratcheting Drag Lever
- Preset Knob with Click
- 2-Speed HEG (High Efficiency Gearing)
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB Ball Bearings)
- Aluminum Rod Clamp
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
October 9, 2014
I pair these with trevala rods and use the 12's and the 8's for albacore off the coast of Washington as well as lingcod. I also use the 12's for halibut. Smooth with plenty of drag, the Talica ii is now the only lever drags reels I'll use. Yes they are pricey but you really do get what you pay for.
ProsSmooth Drag Weight Handle
Solana Beach, CA
Nice tuna rig
July 22, 2013
Just got the reel out for tuna in So Cal. One 40lb blue fin later I am very happy with the rig. The powerpro line let me get my bait out past others and to the feeding zone. Only 3 tuna caught that trip. Tuna lit up the reel a few times. Very smooth drag. Had it paired with the 8" terez rod. The combo gave good give and helped offset the braid to floro shock transfer. Rod a bit mushy for a jig but for live bait it tosses the chovie very nice. Put 65lb powerpro and 6 ft leader of flouro on it. Might have been a bit heavy on the line for picky yellow tail but with a bite on the 40lb floro worked good.
Cape May, NJ
Talica 20 and 25
September 18, 2012
Bought both reels and paired them with Trevala jigging rods. They appear to be a really quality item. Used them once so far on and overnight tuna trip. No tuna, but they handled a huge thresher shark and a big hammerhead with no difficulty at all. Drags are smooth. Setting drag is easy. I have other quality offshore reels and these match up favorably with the best of them. With braid line you can load them up with enough capacity to handle just about anything we find on the east coast short of a true giant blue fin
Our Price: $29.99
Our Price: $299.99
Starting at $5.99
Our Price: $29.49
Our Price: $6.99