Shimano TRX500HG TranX High Gear Baitcasting Reel
|Line Retrieve Per Crank||Hollow Ace Capacity|
|Mono Capacity (lb/yds)||Max|
|S A-RB Bearings||Roller Bearings||Gear|
|25lb||7||1||6.6:1||20.0 oz||$499.99 USD|
Shimano TranX reels have a revolutionary design and shape that provides the comfort of low profile with the capacity of a conventional reel. Shimano TranX is offered in high gear (HG) and power gear (PG) models to cover a wide range of applications.
- X-Ship provides an extra smooth retrieve with superior durability.
- HEG - a larger drive gear and pinion gear increase cranking efficiency.
- SF - Superfree Bearing supported Pinion Gear eliminates friction with spool shaft for better freespool.
- E.I. Surface treatment on the spool protects against corrosion from saltwater soaked braided line.
- S A-RB coating protects bearings from rust in saltwater use.
- Super Stopper eliminates handle back play.
- VBS Brake System effectively reacts to spool rotation speed to provide ideal brake force at all times during cast.
- Dartainium II Drag Washer provides incredibly smooth drag performance with durability.
- Ergonomic Power Handle for better leverage
4.5 Stars based on 3 reviews
One Sweet Reel
February 11, 2016
Robust and smooth. Casts wonderfully. I loaded it with #50 braid and a 10 yard #60 fluoro topshot. It sits on a Terez XH 7' rod.
ProsPrecision built. Technical piece. Looks good too.
ConsNone to list yet.
Must have for Bow Jiggen
July 10, 2014
I absolutely fell in love with the reel over my last Tuna Trip. I was casting out 50-60 yards with a blue and chrome Tady Yo Yo jig. I would wait about 30 sec to 1 min and then crank it in as fast I can. I caught 5 yellowfin in 2 hours and felt like a rock star on the boat (limit for the day). No one else could achieve the speed that the Tranx could, I would say close to 30 mph at full crank. No one else caught a fish, even when they used the same jig and believe me they tried. If you crank the jig too slow Tuna can get a good look at it and back off. The speed of the retrieve made all the difference in the world.
ProsLight and absolutely fun. I felt like I was fishing with a trout pole. Pair with a Terez 8 plus med 30-60 I bought a second one today.
ConsLine must be wet to avoid tangles on long casts.
Awesome reel for building your jig stick...
April 13, 2014
Very smooth casting and retrieve. Sits low on your seat and since it is a levelwind no need to worry about your line. Think of this as your baitcaster but for bigger fish and bait.
ProsMy friend went the next day to get one.
Our Price: $29.99
Our Price: $299.99
Starting at $5.99
Our Price: $29.49
Our Price: $6.99