How It Works:
During the initial moments of a cast, the energy generated by the rotation of the spool is stored in the digital control circuit board and used to power the digital braking system for subsequent casts. The waterproof digital control system of a Calcutta TE DC is a self-energizing system, recharging with each cast.
By simply turning the external 8 position dial to the selected setting, the Calcutta TE DC allows access up to 8 different pre-programmed braking patterns based on lure type, wind conditions, or casting method. The digital control braking system allows the electromagnetic brake to be applied every 1/1000 of a second. As the brakes are activated, the digital brake system emits electronic beep sounds reinforcing the sense of digital control.
With this technology, each of the 8 pre-programmed braking patterns provide awesome control of the feeding of the line by applying the ideal amount of braking force at critical intervals. As a result, it is possible to achieve long, accurate casts with consistent backlash control.
Calcutta TE DC features:
- Digital circuit is sealed to prevent moisture intrusion and corrosion
- Braking frequency: updates every 1/1000 of a second
- Precision machine cut aluminum frame
- Rigid aluminum sideplates keep gears in precise alignment
- High Efficiency Gearing (HEG™)
- Smooth and High Power Dartainium® drag performance
- Super Free Pinion Gear System (SF™) eliminates friction between the pinion gear and the spool shaft for increased freespool
- Lightweight aluminum wiffle spool to further enhance freespool
- Large diameter super Duralumin main gear for increased durability
- Super Stopper® Anti-Reverse
- 10BB+1RB™ Anti-Rust Bearings
- 0.35mm micro pitch cast control knob with a high precision click sound
- Cold forged handle
- Recessed reel foot for excellent palmability and comfort