Shimano TranX Baitcasting Reels
The revolutionary design and shape of the TranX provides the comfort of low profile with the capacity of a conventional reel.
|Line Retrieve Per Crank||Hollow Ace Capacity|
|Mono Capacity (lb/yds)||Max|
|S A-RB Bearings||Roller Bearings||Gear|
|25lb||7||1||6.6:1||20.0 oz||$499.99 USD|
|25lb||7||1||4.6:1||20.0 oz||$499.99 USD|
Shimano TranX reels have a revolutionary design and shape that provides the comfort of low profile with the capacity of a conventional reel. Shimano TranX is offered in high gear (HG) and power gear (PG) models to cover a wide range of applications.
- X-Ship provides an extra smooth retrieve with superior durability.
- HEG - a larger drive gear and pinion gear increase cranking efficiency.
- SF - Superfree Bearing supported Pinion Gear eliminates friction with spool shaft for better freespool.
- E.I. Surface treatment on the spool protects against corrosion from saltwater soaked braided line.
- S A-RB coating protects bearings from rust in saltwater use.
- Super Stopper eliminates handle back play.
- VBS Brake System effectively reacts to spool rotation speed to provide ideal brake force at all times during cast.
- Dartainium II Drag Washer provides incredibly smooth drag performance with durability.
- Ergonomic Power Handle for better leverage
Swiss army knife...
July 15, 2012
The Tranx is very smooth. powerful, light and comfortable. Have been using it for jigging , casting and trolling of 7-12oz rubberjigs for halibut here in Norway. It can handle 80lb Halibut with no problems regarding drag, levelwind and cranking power. Fantastic reel. Switched to a Stella knob for even more comfort.
Proslight weight, smooth drag, very easy to use
Key Largo , Fl
July 1, 2012
I have put this reel on 30+ fishing trips so far catching everything from Snapper / Grouper / Jack Cravelle / Baracuda / 5ft Nurse shark est weight 50+ lbs and this reel is top notch. Everything about this reel is super smooth and I could not have asked for a better baitcaster... now im ready to take on deep water Dolphin / Tuna !
ProsSmooth casting Smooth drag Very powerfull High amound of line
ConsEasy to scratch Handle gets dirty fairly easy (white)
By Capt Dave Sipler's Sport Fishing
TRANX - best of the best!
May 23, 2012
This reel is for the major fishing and tackle ENTHUSIEST. And yeah, I'm one! I love all my Curado 300 DSV's and all my Curado 300 EJ's. But I can see when it comes to serious man-maker fish. Out comes the TRANX. This reel is like having a Cummins Diesel engine on top of your reel seat. Everything, it was supposed to be. Now I need something to challenge it, and it needs to be HUGE! My video discussing these reels: http://youtu.be/JVQtgIp6mmQ More, articles on my fishing reports blog at: http://www.captdaves.com
ProsEVERYTHING, I'm a shimano low-pro junkie!
ConsCan't find anything!
Our Price: $29.99
Our Price: $299.99
Starting at $5.99
Our Price: $29.49
Our Price: $6.99