Shimano TranX Baitcasting Reels
The revolutionary design and shape of the TranX provides the comfort of low profile with the capacity of a conventional reel.
|Line Retrieve Per Crank||Hollow Ace Capacity|
|Mono Capacity (lb/yds)||Max|
|S A-RB Bearings||Roller Bearings||Gear|
|25lb||7||1||6.6:1||20.0 oz||$499.99 USD|
|25lb||7||1||4.6:1||20.0 oz||$499.99 USD|
- X-Ship provides an extra smooth retrieve with superior durability.
- HEG - a larger drive gear and pinion gear increase cranking efficiency.
- SF - Superfree Bearing supported Pinion Gear eliminates friction with spool shaft for better freespool.
- E.I. Surface treatment on the spool protects against corrosion from saltwater soaked braided line.
- S A-RB coating protects bearings from rust in saltwater use.
- Super Stopper eliminates handle back play.
- VBS Brake System effectively reacts to spool rotation speed to provide ideal brake force at all times during cast.
- Dartainium II Drag Washer provides incredibly smooth drag performance with durability.
- Ergonomic Power Handle for better leverage
Everything about this reel is super smooth and I could not have asked for a better baitcaster... now im ready to take on deep water Dolphin / Tuna !
But I can see when it comes to serious man-maker fish. Out comes the TRANX. This reel is like having a Cummins Diesel engine on top of your reel seat. Everything, it was supposed to be.
Now I need something to challenge it, and it needs to be HUGE!
My video discussing these reels: http://youtu.be/JVQtgIp6mmQ
More, articles on my fishing reports blog at: http://www.captdaves.com
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!