St. Croix TIC70MF3 Tidemaster Inshore Casting Travel Rod
|7'||M||Fast||3||8 - 17||3/8 - 3/4||4.6||3||$230.00 USD|
The new handcrafted Tidemaster Inshore Spinning Travel series rods are made with premium SCII graphite for strength and durability. Batson Forecaste hard aluminum-oxide guides feature new 316 stainless steel frames for dramatically improved corrosion resistance, especially compared to 304 stainless steel frames.Tidemaster rods are meticulously finished with two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish.
|Purchase any St. Croix Rod other than a St. Croix Ice Rod, Ice Combo and receive a FREE St. Croix Khaki Logo Cap - $20.00 retail value. The FREE St. Croix Khaki Logo Cap will be added automatically to your shopping cart.|
- Premium quality SCII Graphite
- Outstanding strength, sensitivity and hook setting power
- Designed specifically for inshore saltwater angling
- Batson Forecaste hard aluminum-oxide guides feature new 316 stainless steel frames for dramatically improved corrosion resistance, especially compared to 304 stainless steel frames
- Fuji ECS or TCS reel Seat/frosted silver hoods
- Premium-grade cork handle
- Two coats of Flex Coat slow-cure finish
- 5-year warranty backed by unmatched St. Croix service
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A.
I would recommend this item to a friend.
The TSA will never break another rod
June 13, 2014
After years of packing a Plano rod carrier to make the trek to Corpus Christi and Port Mansfield, TX and having the TSA break rod tips while inspecting my rods, I decided to try a travel model. This rod was almost perfect. Honestly, if it was 6' 6", it would be just about perfect. The 7' was just a hair heavier than I was hoping for, but overall, it was pretty good. I threw Rapala Skitterwalks, 4" Saltwater Assassins w/ 1/4 oz jig heads and 1/2 gold and silver spoons. It's paired with a Shimano Chronarch 2006E. Pretty close to perfect. I would recommend this rod if you need a quality travel rod for carry on. I will say that at $220, it's pricey, but if I can avoid dealing with broken rod tips from the TSA folks, I'll pay it.