ACR 2831 GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB - Cat. 2
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with Code: WRECK75 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Description||Category||Class||Built-In Strobe||Floats||Battery Life||Activation Method||Price|
|GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB||2||2||Yes||Yes||10 Years||Manual||$465.95 USD|
The ACR 2831 GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB is a Category 2 marine distress beacon with multiple built-in redundancies to increase your chances of survival in emergency situations. Your location is pin-pointed by the internal GPS and transmitted on the 406 MHz distress signal, which can be used to triangulate your position in the absence of GPS coordinates. The beacon's 121.5 MHz homing signal brings local search and rescue forces directly to your position and the EPIRBs LED strobe light allows them to visually locate your position in low light environments.
The ACR 2831 GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB has two functional self-tests that monitor the beacon's power, battery performance, and transmission, as well as GPS acquisition. Pair these tests up with ACR's 406Link.com optional testing portal to receive satellite confirmation messages directly to your email or cellphone.
The battery pack is user replaceable and has a remarkable 10 year replacement interval, which reduces the overall ownership cost and makes replacement a breeze. If you ever use the beacon in a life threatening situation, ACR will replace the device, free of charge. All you need to do is submit your story to ACR's SurvivorClub.com program and return your used beacon to obtain your free replacement.
ACR 2831 GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Features:
- Energy efficient, high visibility LED strobe
- Internal 66 channel GPS provides faster acquisition from a cold start
- High efficiency electronics deliver performance you can count on
- User replaceable battery with 10 year battery life
- Professional grade design has been engineered, tested and built for years of abusive marine use
- Keypad with protective cover allows for simple manual activation and prevents false alarms
- No subscription fees - Uses Search and Rescue Satellites
- If you use your device...ACR will replace it, FREE of charge
ACR 2831 GlobalFix V4 GPS EPIRB Specifications:
- Activation Method: Manually
- Applications: Sailing, Coastal Cruising, Commercial Marine, and Offshore Recreational
- Material: High Impact UV resistant polymer
- Battery Life: 10 Year (User Replaceable)
- EPIRB Type: Category 2/Class 2
- GPS Enabled: Yes
- Floating: Yes
- Strobe: LED Strobe
- Transmit Time: Minimum 48 Hours @ -4° (-20°C)
- Waterproof: 33ft (10m) @ 10 min. Exceeds RTCM standard
- Weight: 1.63lbs (26oz) w/ bracket
- Warranty: 5 years
- Dimensions: 8.6" x 4.3" x 3.6"
- easy to operate
- Easy to operate
A well rated product at a reasonable price. How can you go wrong?
- Highly rated and proven with proper registration.
- Piece of mind when installed. Can be mounted onto a variety of surfaces.
- Mounting bracket included.
- A rather pricey item, yet, you hope to never put it to use.
- Optional testing service
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!