Daiwa BLSLT1000D Ballistic LT Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $150 with Code: MARLIN150 (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Size||Gear Ratio||Line Per Handle Turn||Mono Line Capacity|
|6 (1CRBB, 5BB, 1RB)||11lb||5.8oz||$229.99 USD|
The Daiwa Ballistic LT Spinning reels were designed to provide anglers with a stronger, more powerful spinning reel in the lightest and most compact package possible. The Ballistic LT embodies Daiwa's LT design concept of Light but Tough with a feather-light yet rigid Zaion housing. At the heart of the reel is a machined Aluminum Alloy DIGIGEAR designed for smoothness, strength and durability. The main shaft utilizes Daiwa's proprietary Magseal technology, which prevents water and debris intrusion. The reel is long-casting and extremely smooth employing a 7 Bearing System. With models ranging from 1000 to 6000 size the Ballistic LT spinning reels are designed for a wide range of applications incorporating many different techniques in both fresh and saltwater. The Ballistic LT series of reels is a prime example of Daiwa’s commitment to the LT Concept of modern spinning reel design, smaller, lighter yet stronger.
Daiwa Technology Found In Ballistic LT Spinning Reels :
- LT Concept - The LT family of reels boast a smaller, lighter, more compact body which is paired with a larger DigiGear for the ultimate combination of Light and Tough.
- DigiGear - The all-new DigiGear is precision machine cut and polished. This results in unmatched efficiency, better transfer of energy, and maximum smoothness.
- MagSeal - MagSeal is the process of using MagOil, a special liquid developed through space engineering, to create a water and dust resistant barrier. Unlike rubber seals, MagOil will not effect the rotational performance of a reel. This creates a seal that allows the reel to maintain a light and smooth rotation for optimal performance.
- Air Rotor - The Air Rotor weighs up to 15% less than ordinary rotor designs. Its unique shape reduces unnecessary weight while distributing stress more evenly throughout the rotor for maximum strength.
- Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings - Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings boast a lifespan up to 12 times longer than traditional stainless steel bearings.
Great value for such a light 6k reel
Also have a Shimano CI4 which is also a great real. Perhaps this reel is slightly smoother if that is possible, and does have a stronger drag although for how I use them this is not an issue.
I live on Long Island and have put this reel on my 9'2" custom Lami hoping to catch a few 25 to 30 pound stripes.
After hooking into my first 10 pound blue , the reel started squeaking as if it had no answer to the impact of the fight.( my Lami performed flawlessly)
Im kinda bummed because this real is light and smooth yet i feel cant handle the bigger saltwater fish.
I am gonna take it for service and keep you guys posted,
Hopefully I got the only lemon in the bunch and the rest are as flawless as the reviews say.
I wish also they came with a beefier handle in the 6000 sized model.
Thanks for letting me state my opinion.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!