Daiwa Certate-HA Spinning Reels
|ML/L||8CRBB, 1RB||6.0:1||31.8''||8.30||6/135, 8/110, 10/90||8.8||$499.95 USD|
|M/ML||8CRBB, 1RB||5.6:1||37.4''||10.20||8/240, 10/200, 12/170||15.4||$499.95 USD|
Certate-HA also employs Daiwa's Air Rotor and Hollow Air Bail. The Air Rotor design uses corrosion-proof ''Zaion'' carbon construction, which helps reduce weight while offering maximum strength.
- Mag Sealed
- Air Rotor of corrosion-proof Zaion carbon material for lightweight strength and sensitivity
- 8 CRBB corrosion resistant ball bearings plus roller bearing
- Air Bail-tubular stainless for lightweight strength, with no sharp bends to snag line
- Digigear digitally designed and cut gearing–ultra smooth, ultra powerful and ultra durable
- High speed retrieve
- Lightweight aluminum body
- Waterproof drag combines stainless and Teflon-impregnated felt discs for ultra-smooth fish stopping power–with precision click adjustment
- Lightweight, forged and machined aluminum ABSII Spool
Daiwa Mag Sealed Technology video.
Daiwa Air Rotor Technology video.
I have no idea how long the mag oil will hold up but after ~three years and 100+ fishing trips, including fighting some good sized fish, the reel performs exactly the same as the first trip. Can't say the same with other reels, but have not noticed any wear so far. All I have done for maintenance is rinse the salt off with freshwater and dry in reasonably ventilated area. I guess you get what you pay for but compared to other reels, one of the best reels I have used. Only complaint is that, given the price, a spare spool was not included.
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!