Penn Spinfisher V SSV6500LL Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping: NO CODE NECESSARY (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Description||Mono Capacity (yds/lb)||Braid Capacity (yds/lb)||Bearings||Max Drag|
|Gear Ratio||Line Retrieve |
- New thicker heavy duty aluminum bail wire adds strength and durability
- 5 Shielded stainless steel bearing system
- Infinite anti-reverse (back up ratchet on 7500-10500 sizes)
- Friction trip ramp prevents premature bail trip when casting
- Stainless steel mainshaft and alloy main gear
- Triple-supported and oversized stainless steel mainshaft on 9500 and 10500 models
- Enhanced gear ratios on smaller sizes
When I came upon the 6500 bail less by Penn, there was no further searching. I'm skeptical of other's comments, but there were so many 5 *s, I thought I'd give it a try. Best thing I did. We live in Bonita Springs, Fl. most of the year. This reel is so great. The bail less is the greatest. I took a few casts to familiarize my self with, the technique. But boy it is effortless. What's the first thing to break on a traditional spinning reel? The bail spring, right? Well at least for me. No Bail, no spring .No problem. Highly recommend the bail less model..
- See above
- None yet.
- Great and durable materials, reliable and so far so good. Will keep using it and yes I will buy it again.
- No cons so far so good!
- VERY DURABLE
- WEIGHT MAYBE BUT WHAT CAN U EXPECT FROM SUCH A LARGE REEL
- Spool size
- Issues while jigging and hooking up, handle spins backwards and have to get slack to fix it.. has happened to me and a friends
- Strong with serious backbone
- Live liner
- Smooth action
- Very quiet clicker on the live liner...if any noice is around you won?t hear it running out.
- Solid reel with quality components
- Live liner feature didn?t work as expected.
- good quality
- Smooth drag
- Smooth reeling
- casting with the bail-less model is very fraustrating
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!