Penn Spinfisher VI SSVI7500 Spinning Reel
With the addition of Penn's CNC Gear Technology and IPX5 seals, the Spinfisher VI is a top contending spinning reel in its class.
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping on Orders over $75 with NO CODE NECESSARY! (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Description||Bearings||Gear Ratio||Max Drag||Mono Line Capacity||Braided Line Capacity||Weight||Price|
|Spinfisher VI 7500||6||4.7:1||35lb||490yds/15lb|
The Spinfisher VI is the newest edition in a long line of Penn reels known for durability. The most recent Spinfisher boasts the same rigid full metal body and HT-100 Drag system that made the previous Spinfisher a top performer. What's new is that the Spinfisher VI has an improved water resistant rating, meaning its internal components are even less susceptible to damage from water intrusion, as well as the implementation of Penn's CNC Gear Technology, giving you ultra-precisely machined gears for unparalleled smoothness and durability. Penn has added two new models to the Spinfisher line-up with the 2500 size and bailless 4500 size, giving surf, inshore, and offshore anglers a Spinfisher VI that will fit any application imaginable. If you are looking for a highly durable, high performance spinning reel at an affordable price, the Spinfisher VI is the reel for you.
- 5+1 Shielded Stainless Steel Bearing System
- HT-100 Drag System for smooth, long lasting drag even at extreme drag pressures
- CNC Gear Technology
- Brass Pinion Gear on all models
- Aluminum Main Gear (2500-5500)
- Brass Main Gear (6500-10500)
- Nylon Rotor (2500-5500)
- Aluminum Rotor (6500-10500)
- IPX5 Seal Rating (Highly Water Resistant)
- Infinite Anti-Reverse
- Interchangable Handle between left and right-hand retrieve
- Bailless, Live Liner, and Long Cast models available in select sizes
- None so far
- soo good not bad
- me reallylikeso no cons
- Light, sealed system, good quality (the protestations of those who rag on Penn notwithstanding).
- No spare spools for the IV series! Only the V. If you want to have spare spools, get the V.
- Smooth and strong
- Needing a bigger handle
i used 100lb power pro maxquatto, it took 500 yards of the stuf with dacron backing
the last model had the slammer drag in it, i wish this one did too, but the ht100 had no problems pulling in a rec size tuna. the handle is also comfortable
- price point for these reels is great.
- they are a little heavy, but there is a model for everything you could need.
- Mechanically sound and sturdy as with most Penn offerings
- The larger sizes might be heavier than wanted if using for long lure casting sessions.
Accidentally dunked it in saltwater months ago and I have no issues. Holds a ton of line, is super strong, and casts a mile, and isn't the smoothest but it's still pretty darn smooth, and most of all IT LASTS.
The Spinfisher has caught me fish surf fishing for surfperch, bottom fishing for rockfish and lingcod, plugging the shores of SF Bay for stripers and halibut, and has caught me some huge sharks and rays including a 90lb stingray.
- IPX5 Sealed
- HT-100 Drag System
- Smooth operation and good drag.
- A little on the heavy side.
- High line capacity
- Strong drag system
- Live line feature will come in handy
- Super heavy
Very strong reel and fully sealed against saltwater
- Light weight
- Strong drag
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!