The Powerhouse Ice Eater is designed to prevent ice from forming around boats, marinas, docks, and piers as well as effectively melting existing ice by breaking the surface with a continuous current of warmer bottom water.
Ice Eater's propeller draws up warmer subsurface water and deflects it to the surface creating a constant circulation of warmer water that prevents ice formation. Ice Eater will melt existing ice. Unlike other de-icing units, Ice Eater requires no additional hardware in order to obtain the desired de-icing pattern. Ice Eater is shipped complete with suspension lines. It can be taken out of the box, hung in place and plugged in. Ice Eater may be hung from a pier or boat. Two to three feet is the average operating depth.
- The design of the Ice Eater's venturi shroud (housing) with outwardly flared ends draws warmer water from greater depths than other conventional de-icers.
- The shroud is submersible below the surface either vertically or angled from vertical. A set of mounting holes at opposed positions on the flange allows the lines to be attached.
- Ice Eater de-icers are custom designed and engineered for maximum performance.
- Ice Eaters are designed to agitate fresh or salt water at maximum efficiency in all climatic conditions.
- The energy efficient Ice Eaters will agitate more water than any de-icer on the market today.
- 3/4 H.P. energy efficient high quality motor with 36 pounds thrust
- 4.7 amps, 115 volt, one phase, 60/50 cycle
- 25 foot quick change power cord
- Two 25 foot x 3/8 hollow braided mooring lines with shackles
- Dimensions of shipping box 14 1/2 x 14 1/2 x 16 1/8
- Weight 45 pounds
- Motor housing is constructed of 16 gauge 304 stainless steel and bronze endbell for corrosion free operation in fresh or salt water; Motor exceeds NEMA specifications and is UL and CSA compliant, and C.E. certified
- Motor shaft is 316 stainless steel, the best material for salt water application
- Permanent split capacitor ensures quick high torque and smooth operation, while producing the highest efficiency of a single phase induction motor; Motor and capacitor are matched for ultimate performance
- Internal, heavy duty, hard faced mechanical seal with stainless components immersed in dielectric lubricating fluid; Additional double lip shaft seal for extra protection
- Stator motor windings have double impregnation of baked insulating varnish
- Two heavy duty ball bearings provide support for the rotor while being cooled with dielectric type oil
- Sacrificial custom designed zinc is provided for conditions where electrolysis may be present
- Propeller is custom designed for maximum thrust and performance; Propeller screws on shaft for easy removal and replacement
- Twenty-five feet of 16/3 water and oil resistant cord with three prong molded plug is standard; Additional length cord available: 50 and 100 feet
- Heavy duty PVC custom brackets that attach motor to shroud; All stainless bolts and locking aircraft nuts are used
- Performance certified tested at our facility for proper output and leaks before shipment
- Best three-year limited warranty in the marketplace
- Comes complete, just open the box, remove and install
- Optional thermostat custom design turns Ice Eater on when needed. Ideal for unattended application
MPN: P750-25-115V UPC: 652443000101