Quantum TH40 Throttle Spinning Reel
Our Best Offers
Free Economy Shipping: NO CODE NECESSARY (Some Exclusions Apply)
Current Active Promotions
|Description||Retrieve||Gear Ratio||Ball Bearings||Weight||Drag||I.P.T.||Line Capacity||Price|
|Throttle Spinning Reel - Clam Pack||Dual Retrieve||5.3:1||10 + 1||12.6||13||35||230/10||$59.95 USD|
The Quantum TH40 Throttle Spinning Reel utilizes Quantum's Reel Engine Technology - a brand new way to construct and manufacture a spinning reel. These reels feature a precisely aligned aluminum Uni-body construction, offering super free spinning, and a silky smooth and durable gear system.
Quantum TH40 Throttle Spinning Reel Features:
- R.E.D – Reel Engine Design
- MaxCast II Spool with braid band
- 10BB + 1 RB
- 5.3:1 Gear Ratio
- Clam Pack
- Not reliable
- It fits my budget and my fishing habit.
- None so far.
- Looks nice, and runs smooth when it was working
- Didn't last, and I wish it had a clicker when the drag was being pulled out. It seems like only my Penn spinning reels do that though. It's just nice to know you are getting taken out with line when you have a rod in a rod holder and have a drag set lite.
- best bang for your buck
- Very nice looking . Matched up with my rods beautifully.
- Not sure how long it will last.
I like them so much that I now own 6 of them. I have them set up with 8 to 30# lines and use them for just about everything. I have one set up for steelhead this spring. Cannot wait. Strongly recommend these reels. I have them on an 8' ugly stick, on two 10' sea lion rods and on 2 10' diawa rods. My ugly stick pairing is my go to set up for casting lures. The others are all rigged for live bait or cut bait. I am looking for a 12' rod light enough for this reel to feel balanced.
- smooth bearings
- quick retrieve
- smooth drag
- zero movement on the anti-reverse
- light weight
- handles saltwater well
- decent line capacity
- I wish that they sold one for a similar price, that was just one size bigger. I want more line capacity and a little more drag for heavier saltwater species like sharks.
- Aluminum frame (strong).
- Came well lubricated.
- Quiet drag.
- A little on the heavy side. (I prefer it that way for saltwater use, pier and surf fishing).
I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS THROWING A 180 WHOPPER PLOPPER AND RETRIEVING IT AND KEEPING MY FISH AWAY FROM THE LAKES TAME FISH EATING ALLIGATORS !
- CENTERPOST RATTLE WITH RAPID RETRIEVE OF 1 OZ LIPLESS CRANKBAIT!
- Smooth operation
- well crafted
- can handle the salt environment
- reverse release switch
- will hold 300 yards of braid
Shipping cost to Brisbane?
Show off your fishing gear investment. Please post images and videos of your fishing gear, apparel, catches and lifestyle shots on and off the water. Let's see what you've got for a chance to win FREE gear! You can use #HookedOnTD or UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE HERE to make it onto our product pages or gallery. See something you like? You can shop directly from the images we post when gear we sell is featured!